Financial Aid Services
Welcome to Financial Aid services for Howard Community College! We pride ourselves in providing tremendous value for your education investment, and we do everything we can to help you find ways to ensure that a college education is within reach. Helping you achieve your goals starts with helping you identify ways to pay for college. Below you will find all the information you need to apply for federal aid, scholarships, and more!
The Financial Aid Services staff is working diligently to ensure that your financial aid is processed and your eligibility for aid is determined in a timely manner. Visit our student services page for current information on how to access the services you need from home.
- Federal Return of Title IV Funds Policy
- Types of Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Policies
- Federal Student Aid Information
- Cost of Attendance
- Net Price Calculator
- College Navigator
- College Scorecard
- Consumer Information
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974
- Reporting Parent Information on the FAFSA
- Bookstore Funds
Grants, Loans and Scholarship Info
Frequently Asked Questions
Financial Aid Services Updates
- Our Zoom hours have changed! Click here to access our Zoom virtual walk-in services which are available Tuesday and Thursday 4:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m..
- Summer 2022 Financial Aid census date June 21, 2022.
- We have partnered with ECMC to provide our students with free financial literacy and federal student loan counseling services. Click here to create your account today!
- The 2022 Winter/Spring Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF)awards have been posted and HCC has awarded the full allocation received by the Department of Education. There will be no future disbursements made from this fund. However, if you continue to experience a financial hardship and need additional assistance with educational expenses explore our website for other options and/or contact Financial Aid Services to share your circumstances.
Have you completed the FAFSA? That is your first step. Even if you don't think you're eligible for financial aid, you'll never know until you apply!
Complete your FAFSA today! Be sure to use HCC Code 008175 so that we can start preparing a financial aid package for you right away.
Start by visiting the link below and following the steps to apply. Once you are a student, you can view your financial aid application and award status by logging into myHCC Self-Service. Click on Financial Aid to view your checklist.
Sources of Financial Aid
Financial Aid is available through many sources. The U.S. Department of Education provides millions of students with grants, low interest loans, and work-study programs. The State of Maryland awards nearly $100 million in need-based grants and merit scholarships through more than 15 programs each year.
In addition, HCC's Educational Foundation maintains endowments and scholarship programs established through generous contributions from private businesses, foundations, civic organizations, and individuals.
There are many financial aid options out there, but you don't need to be overwhelmed. Begin by exploring the topics below, and know that Financial Aid Services here at Howard Community College is available to help you sort it all out.