Financial Aid Services
Welcome to Financial Aid services for Howard Community College! We pride ourselves in providing tremendous value for your education investment, and we do everything we can to help you find ways to ensure that a college education is within reach. Helping you achieve your goals starts with helping you identify ways to pay for college. Below you will find all the information you need to apply for federal aid, scholarships, and more!
- Federal Return of Title IV Funds Policy
- Types of Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Policies
- Federal Student Aid Information
- Cost of Attendance
- Net Price Calculator
- College Navigator
- College Scorecard
- Consumer Information
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974
- Reporting Parent Information on the FAFSA
- Bookstore Funds
Grants, Loans and Scholarship Info
Frequently Asked Questions
Financial Aid Services Updates
- Plan to visit Financial Aid Services? Make sure to confirm our office hours and save your spot. Join the line for Virtual or In-Person financial aid assistance by clicking: Join us!
- Fall 2022 Financial Aid census date September 16, 2022.
- We have partnered with ECMC to provide our students with free financial literacy and federal student loan counseling services. Click here to create your account today!
Have you completed the FAFSA? That is your first step. Even if you don't think you're eligible for financial aid, you'll never know until you apply!
Complete your FAFSA today! Be sure to use HCC Code 008175 so that we can start preparing a financial aid package for you right away.
Start by visiting the link below and following the steps to apply. Once you are a student, you can view your financial aid application and award status by logging into myHCC Self-Service. Click on Financial Aid to view your checklist.
Sources of Financial Aid
Financial Aid is available through many sources. The U.S. Department of Education provides millions of students with grants, low interest loans, and work-study programs. The State of Maryland awards nearly $100 million in need-based grants and merit scholarships through more than 15 programs each year.
In addition, HCC's Educational Foundation maintains endowments and scholarship programs established through generous contributions from private businesses, foundations, civic organizations, and individuals.
There are many financial aid options out there, but you don't need to be overwhelmed. Begin by exploring the topics below, and know that Financial Aid Services here at Howard Community College is available to help you sort it all out.