Boost Your Prospects
Now is the perfect time to get started on your future – whether you are returning to college to finish your degree, starting for the first time, or looking to earn credentials to take your current career to the next level.
Get a high return on your educational investment with degree programs and courses that will prepare you for a career that is considered essential no matter what. Find training that will help you stand out or explore apprenticeships that offer valuable, real-world experiences while you earn a certificate in your chosen field.
HCC is a strong return on your educational investment. An average associate degree graduate in Howard County enjoys an attractive 9.4% rate of return on their HCC investment vs. someone with only a high school diploma or GED.
Use the following links to find the college experience that is right for you!
- Degrees & Programs — Find the degree or certification program that is right for you.
- Course Search — Browse credit classes offered this semester.
- Online Classes — Learn about the various options for online learning at HCC.
- Prior Learning — Learn more about credit for prior learning. Your experience counts!
- Honors — Benefit from opportunities for research, community engagement, and leadership development.
Training & Development
Whether you're looking for professional development, career credentials, updated job skills, or want to explore a new hobby, HCC has courses and programs to help you get there.
- All Courses — Explore all available noncredit courses at HCC, from cybersecurity to health care, we have something for you.
- Apprenticeships — Earn while you learn in one of our exciting apprenticeship programs.
- Basic Skills for Adults — Rise up to earn your GED refresh your basic math, reading, or writing skills.
- Business Training — Achieve high quality workforce training by collaborating with our Business Training Center.
- English Language Center — Sharpen your English skills at HCC's English Language Center.
- Personal Enrichment — Develop a new skill in a wide variety of topics, from Arts and Crafts to Home and Gardening.
- Seniors 60+ — Read more about our resources for senior students at HCC.
At HCC, you never go it alone. Here are some of our broad range of services available to help you complete your learning goals.
- Career Links — A service helping single parents and displaced homemakers achieve their educational goals.
- Career Services — Comprehensive services for planning and succeeding in your career.
- Child Care — High-quality, nurturing care for your infant, toddler or preschooler.
- Counseling Services — Personal and group counseling resources for HCC students.
- Learning Communities — Programs designed to enrich your academic experience as part of a supportive learning community.
- Tutoring — Academic support services to all credit students enrolled at HCC through the Learning Assistance Center (LAC).
- Veteran, Military Assistance —Support for service members and veterans.
- Wellness Center — Designed to empower students to make informed decisions about their health and support their well-being.