Visitors and Community
HCC is an integral part of life for Howard County residents, serving as an educational, business, athletic and cultural hub for the region.
- HCC is well known for its arts and cultural opportunities, as well as the beautiful Horowitz Visual and Performing Arts Center. Visit a gallery, catch a performance or join a cause.
- Our Athletic & Fitness Center (AFC) is the place for students, student-athletes, faculty, staff, and the community to work out or attend a class. The building houses a gym, weight room, classroom, pool, and locker rooms.
- Children are a big part of HCC, too, with various educational programs, arts and athletic opportunities and summer camps to keep them happy, healthy and engaged. Learn more about our Kids on Campus and our Sports School. Your children can participate in both over the summer!
- For multiple, consecutive years, The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Howard Community College a "Great College to Work for" based on an exceptional work environment. See available jobs at HCC.
- HCC-TV, Howard County’s Emmy Award-winning arts and educational channel, produces original programming and features additional shows of local, regional and national interest.
- Many of HCC’s state-of-the-art facilities and amenities are available for use by groups or individuals in the community. See our Use of Facilities rates and guidelines.