Skip Navigation

Return to Campus Information ››

HCC Main Campus
10901 Little Patuxent Parkway
Columbia MD, 21044
Laurel College Center
312 Marshall Avenue, Suite 205
Laurel, MD 20707
Training & Development Solution
Maryland Innovation Center
6751 Columbia Gateway Drive
Columbia MD 21046
Take a Virtual Tour
Take an interactive look at HCC's campus

Frequently Asked Questions

Continuing Education & Workforce Development Help & Support

Information about Continuing Education and Workforce Development courses and policies can be found on our General Information Webpage.

Didn’t see what you were looking for? Here are some frequently asked questions. You may also contact the office of Continuing Education & Workforce Development at 443-518-1700 or with questions.

For building and location information, visit our Classroom Locations page. For directions and parking information, visit our Maps, Direction & Parking page.

  • What if I don’t see my course in CANVAS?

    Courses may not be accessible until 3 days prior to the course start date.

  • How do I obtain a copy of my certificate?

    If you took a course within the past 12 months, please complete a duplicate certificate request. If you took the course more than 12 months ago, please complete a Continuing Education Record Request. Please note that we have records for up to five years after you've completed the course.

  • How do I request a noncredit transcript?

    To request a record of the noncredit courses you have taken at Howard Community College, complete and submit a Continuing Education Record Request Form. Click on the hyperlink here to download the form: Continuing Education Record Request Form. Please follow the instructions stated on the form.

    In continuing education, the term "transcript" is not used; instead, the document is called a "record." The term transcript applies only to credit (degree) courses.

  • How do I see my schedule?

    Class meeting information is found on the registration confirmation email. Two weeks prior to the start of workforce development and world language classes, students will be able to access the student portal, where student schedules can be found.

  • Can I register for a full class or a class that has already started?

    Please contact the office of Continuing Education & Workforce Development at 443-518-1700 or to inquire about a full class or late entry.

  • How do I drop or transfer to another class?

    Students wishing to drop or transfer a Continuing Education & Workforce Development course should complete and submit a drop/transfer request form. Before dropping a class, students are encouraged to review the refund policy and course description.

    Students can also drop a Continuing Education & Workforce Development course using the online registration system. Students will need to know their username and password in order to use the online registration system.

    Most transfers are acceptable providing neither course has started, and the new course has seats available. Students are responsible for paying any difference in course costs.

    Students may not drop or transfer classes for which they have received financial aid. Email for information and assistance.

  • How do I find out if my class will be held during bad weather?

    To find out if the college is closed, opening late, or closing early, check the college’s website or call 443-518-1000 for information. If the college opens late or closes early, your class may meet for part of the time depending on when your class is scheduled to begin or be changed from in-person to remote that day. Click on the following link for more information; Emergency Information.

    To receive instant email or text message alerts, go to and subscribe to HCC’s Mobile Alert System.

    Off Campus Locations

    • If college is closed, classes held at the Maryland Innovation Center (Gateway Campus) are canceled.
    • When Howard County Public Schools are closed, classes held at those schools are canceled.
    • Laurel College Center follows the weather closings and delays of Prince George’s Community College.
    • If the college is closed, classes held at other off site locations are cancelled unless otherwise notified.
  • Is financial aid available for continuing education and workforce development courses?

    Yes. See our financial aid page for information.

  • How do I pay an outstanding balance?


    Cashier's Office, RCF Building, Second Floor (Across from elevators). View the Cashier's Office hours here.

    By Mail

    Mail payment to:

    Howard Community College

    ATTN: Lock Box Cashier RCF-201

    10901 Little Patuxent Parkway

    Columbia, MD 21044-3197


    Payment Types: cash, check*, money order, or credit card**:
    *Include your student ID on your check payment
    ** Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover


    Login to Self-Service. You will you need your username to login.


    Cashier’s Office:  (443) 518-1862

Giving makes a difference! Your support helps students along their pathways to success.