New Student Orientation
New students are strongly encouraged to attend New Student Orientation. Of the new students who attend orientation, over 80 percent return the following spring, compared to 60 percent of those who do not attend an orientation.
Learn how to be successful academically, meet new and experienced students, and learn about the resources that will INSPIRE your success at Howard Community College!
Virtual New Student Orientation (Spring 2021)
- Monday, January 25th, 2021, 8:30am-12noon
- Via Zoom Webinar, register here!
Virtual Parent & Family Orientation (Spring 2021)
- Wednesday, January 27th, 2021, 6:00pm-7:30pm
- Via Zoom meeting, register here!
Virtual Orientation Videos (Fall 2020)
Parent & Family Virtual Orientation (Fall 2020)
A recording of the Tuesday, August 11, 2020 Zoom meeting.
The online orientation is a great resource for all new students, or if you just want to revisit some helpful information about HCC resources. View Now
What You Will Learn
At New Student Orientation, you will learn about:
- Important deadlines: class withdrawal, refunds, etc.
- Student accounts: billing, payments, etc.
- Financial aid
- Important campus resources