New Student Orientation
New students are encouraged and expected to attend New Student Orientation. Of the new students who attend orientation, over 80 percent return the following spring, compared to 60 percent of those who do not attend an orientation.
Learn how to be successful academically, meet new and experienced students, and learn about the resources that will INSPIRE your success at Howard Community College!
The online orientation is a great resource if you missed an in-person orientation session, or just want to revisit some helpful information about on-campus resources.
In-person Orientation (Fall 2020)
- Monday, August 10 – 8:30am - 12:00pm
- Monday, August 17 – 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Thursday, August 20– 8:30am - 12:00pm
What You Will Learn
At New Student Orientation, you will learn about:
- Important deadlines: class withdrawal, refunds, etc.
- Student accounts: billing, payments, etc.
- Financial aid
- Important campus resources