New Student Orientation
New students are encouraged and expected to attend New Student Orientation. Of the new students who attend orientation, over 80 percent return the following spring, compared to 60 percent of those who do not attend an orientation.
Learn how to be successful academically, meet new and experienced students, and learn about the resources that will INSPIRE your success at Howard Community College!
The online orientation is a great resource if you missed an in-person orientation session, or just want to revisit some helpful information about on-campus resources.
The new online orientation will launch in the near future. Check back soon.
What You Will Learn
At New Student Orientation, you will learn about:
- Tips about parking, getting to campus early, friendly campus, and academic honesty
- Important information about campus resources
- How to apply for financial aid
- What to expect while pursuing your desired major/goal
- Essential online services and technology
- How you can be successful
For those attending the in-person sessions, you will also have a chance to get a tour of the campus.
In-person Orientation (Spring 2019)
Tue. January 22nd
8:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Thurs. January 24th
5:30 PM - 9:00 PM
Students may RSVP until Fri. January 18th. Check-in and activities will begin promptly in RCF 400.