HCC’s open computer study lab, located in DH-110, is available for registered credit and ESL students and alumni with current HCC login credentials.
Choose a computer and log in using your HCC Login ID and password. Check with lab staff if you need further information or help with logging in.
- Our labs are staffed by lab consultants and Technology Service Center technicians who are happy to assist you with software, hardware and technology questions or problems.
- Due to our "quiet rule" and limited staff, we cannot provide personal tutoring. We also cannot help students complete assigned class work.
- Students who need special access computers, such as raised desk stations, PCs with scanners or stations with specialized software (Adobe Design, AutoDesk, for example): please ask staff to assist you. Note that staff may relocate you if you are using one of the special access stations for routine work when a student needs the specialized access.
- If you require assistance or accommodations in the computer study lab, please see the lab staff or contact the Technology Service Center in advance to discuss your needs.
Refer to the Learning Assistance Center for information about tutoring for help with your studies.
Important Note: We install software that automatically logs off the user after 10 minutes of inactivity. Personal files are removed after 24 hours after log off. Therefore, we recommend that you save your files to a cloud storage or USB drive. HCC offers free Microsoft OneDrive and Google Drive
We strive to provide a quiet academic environment where students can study, practice skills presented in class, and complete homework assignments. Cell phone usage, food and beverages are not permitted in the computer labs. Please review the rest of the lab rules so you know our expectations for student conduct. Serious or repetitive violations of lab rules will be reported to the Vice President of Student Success for disciplinary review. Our computer labs are equipped with cameras for student safety and security.
Individual recreational computer use is permitted, but students working on assignments are given priority to computers when the lab is full. Additional computers for students are located in the Learning Assistance Center, the HCC Library, Health Sciences Building 2nd floor and the DH lounge areas.
Lab Hours and Locations
Winter 2023 Hours
Monday - Thursday: 9 am - 5pm
Friday - Sunday - Closed
Spring 2023 Hours
Monday - Thursday: 8 am - 7pm
Friday: 10 am - 7pm
Saturday: 9am - 2pm
There are computers and printing available outside these hours in the DH lobby area computers on the first, second and third floor.
Computer Lab Closings
DH-110 April 3rd - April 9th - DH110 closed May 29th - DH110 closed
Computer Lab Equipment
HCC computer labs feature the following equipment:
- Microsoft pcs using Windows 10
- USB ports for personal flash drives
- High-speed Internet access
- Some raised desk stations for accessibility
- Black and White printers
There is an iMac for Art student use.
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Sonic Pi
Note: Students should bring personal headsets for audio.
Computer Lab Software
HCC computer labs have the following software available to students:
- Microsoft Office 365
- Art, Computer Science, Engineering, English, Health, Math, Office Technology and Science & Technology applications
- Internet browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari)
- Media players
- Specialized software such as AutoDesk and Adobe CC
Acceptable Use of Technology Policy
When you register for classes at HCC, you agree to abide by certain rules and regulations when using college technology resources. For more information, read the full policy online or pick up a copy of the Student Handbook in the office of Student Life (SA201).