Welcome to the Learning Assistance Center. We hope your semester is off to a good start. We look forward to working with you in achieving academic success by providing tutoring services in a timely fashion. In order for us to meet your needs promptly, we ask for your cooperation. Listed below are some suggestions to save time and to help us make tutoring assignments efficiently:
- Please indicate the tutor name if you wish to be tutored by a particular tutor. We do not promise that you will be assigned to your preferred tutor, but we will try our best.
- Schedule change requests will be entertained only twice unless there is a serious reason for the third rescheduling request. Additional requests may take longer, be put on hold, or in the event of limited tutors’ availability may be asked to use drop-in hours.
- If you need help with drug calculations, please indicate it clearly on your application, as we can assign you to a math tutor instead of assigning you to a nursing tutor.
- Help during drop-in hours is rendered ONLY for 15 minutes. You may get more than 15 minutes if no one else is waiting to get help.
If this is your first time requesting tutoring, you need to fill out two forms:
1) Learning Assistance Center (LAC) Registration Form, and
2) Learning Assistance Center (LAC) Tutoring Application Form. NOTE: If you have had tutoring in the previous semester, you ONLY need to fill out this form.