Eligibility and How to Apply
To be considered for the Student Support Services Program, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be enrolled at Howard Community College (main campus)
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Have at least 15 credits left to earn your associate degree
- Program admission preference is made for students who meet one or more criteria:
- Neither of your parents has received a bachelor’s degree
- Your financial aid package includes a Pell Grant
- Identifies as a woman of color
- Feels that you can benefit from a cohort learning community experience
- Commit to education and services offered by the program
The HCC Learning Assistance Center's registration form that is used by students to apply for a tutor helps the Student Support Services Program identify eligible students for the program. Students interested in joining SSS should complete our online interest form and an SSS advisor will schedule a virtual intake session.
This program serves students working towards their first associates and bachelors degree only.