Award-winning, life-enhancing mentorship and support for Black male students.
Purpose. Respect. Initiative. Determination. Excellence. That's Howard P.R.I.D.E.
Howard P.R.I.D.E. encourages the continued academic, professional, and personal development of Black male students. Created as a Black male success initiative, this program aims to increase the math completion, retention, and graduation rates of Black male students. But those who have benefited from Howard PRIDE since its inception know that it has become about much more than courses and grades. The support students receive through P.R.I.D.E. has enhanced their lives in many different ways.
How can you benefit from joining the P.R.I.D.E. program?
Howard P.R.I.D.E. provides support through tutoring, academic monitoring and advising, and the development of academic plans. Leadership and success workshops will provide you with the skills needed to successfully navigate both the college and work environment. You also will have the opportunity to network with other students who have similar aspirations to obtain a college degree, which will increase your likelihood of success.
Who is eligible to participate in the P.R.I.D.E. program?
You are eligible to participate if you are a male student currently enrolled in at least six credit hours, and you have taken the following additional steps:
- Enrolled in a developmental math or college math class
- Plan to graduate and/or transfer from Howard Community College to a four-year college or university
- Participate in required activities and make satisfactory progress.
What is expected of me as a member of the P.R.I.D.E. program?
- Attend workshops and seminars
- Utilize provided tutoring
- Have the desire to obtain a college degree
- Conduct yourself accordingly while on campus