Respiratory Care - A.A.S. Degree (Career)
A Mid-Maryland Allied Healthcare Education Consortium program offered through Frederick Community College
The respiratory care area of study focuses on objective scientific data as well as theory to train students to solve complex problems in a clinical setting. Students receive specialized training in the following areas: diagnosis, treatment, management, and preventative care of patients with cardiopulmonary disorders. This area of study includes coursework in the classroom as well as practical experiences in diverse clinical settings.
As a graduate, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate behavior that reflects integrity, supports objectivity, and fosters trust in the respiratory care profession and its professionals as identified by employer survey.
- Recommend and perform procedures to maintain the airway, remove secretions, and assure ventilation and tissue oxygenation.
- Perform a full physical assessment and provide safe respiratory care by modifying therapy or making recommendations for changes in therapy based on the patient’s response to their current therapeutic regimen.
- Promote disease prevention and wellness by educating patients on the proper use and care of respiratory equipment.
- Identify educational opportunities to improve and maintain professional competence and credentials.
- Provide care without discrimination on any basis, with respect for the rights and dignity of all individuals.
- Obtain the CRT and RRT professional credentials in order to practice respiratory care.
- Participate as an active member of the American Association for Respiratory Care.
Click here to learn more about the Mid-Maryland Allied Healthcare Education Consortium.
Hi! We would be happy to share more information about our programs.
Please submit the form and we will be in touch shortly!