Paramedic to RN Pathway Sequence - A.A. Degree (Transfer)
The Paramedic to RN Pathway Sequence is an opportunity for advanced standing in the associate of arts degree in nursing for paramedics licensed in the state of Maryland who meet specified criteria. Students will take a transition course and then begin the second year of the nursing program.
Participate in simulations to promote clinical judgement, and use evidence-based data to enhance patient care in clinicals. Students have the opportunity to become a member of Alpha Delta NU, a national honor society, and to participate in the Student Nurse Association.
As a graduate, you should be able to:
- Promote patient-centered care that meets the patient’s health needs while respecting their culture, preferences and values.
- Apply principles of teaching and learning, health promotion and reduction of risk potential to provide health education for patients across the lifespan.
- Collaborate with patients and interprofessional team members in acute, long-term and community health care settings to advocate for safe quality care.
- Communicate effectively to assess patient’s health status, and to develop and manage the plan of care.
- Demonstrate leadership and accountability by utilizing legal, ethical, and professional standards to provide safe, quality nursing care.
- Perform nursing interventions based on current standards of practice, policies and procedures to optimize the patient’s health.
- Integrate professional knowledge, science and evidence to formulate nursing judgments.
- Challenge traditional and existing nursing practices used to solve clinical problems by examining the evidence that underlies current practice.
Visit the Nursing department for more information on this popular health care program.
Hi! We would be happy to share more information about our programs.
Please submit the form and we will be in touch shortly!