Exercise Science - A.A. Degree (Transfer)
The study of human movement, Exercise Science involves developing fitness and strength training programs, preventing and treating athletic injuries, promoting health and wellness, and more. With a dual focus on classroom theory and practical experience, HCC’s Exercise Science curriculum will prepare you for transfer to a four-year institution for a bachelor’s degree in related programs.
As a graduate, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the fundamental concepts of exercise science, including anatomy and physiology, as they relate to physical activity, exercise, and sport.
- Apply the fundamental concepts in planning, assessing, and evaluating fitness programming for individuals.
- Describe how socioeconomic, behavioral, biological, environmental, and other factors affect fitness development and participation and performance in sports.
- Apply theoretical and practical skills in the exercise science internship.
- Identify, understand, evaluate, and apply ethical reasoning that guides the principles of conduct during interaction with clients/participants, the public, and other health professionals.
Visit the Health Promotion and Human Performance department page for more information on this program.
Hi! We would be happy to share more information about our programs.
Please submit the form and we will be in touch shortly!