Engineering - A.A. Degree (Transfer)
In the study of Engineering, you will learn to use science and math to solve practical problems and help create things -- everything from water bottles to sky scrapers. This general engineering program at HCC provides solid preparation for any type of engineering degree at the bachelor’s level. The coursework provides exposure to the many disciplines and applications within the field.
This program is designed for students preparing to transfer to a four-year institution to complete a bachelor’s degree in engineering. Engineers apply principles of physics and mathematics in the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of materials, structures and systems.
Specific disciplines of engineering include aerospace, biological, electrical, chemical, civil, computer, environmental, industrial, manufacturing, materials and mechanical. In addition to acquiring a solid background in chemistry, mathematics, and physics, students enrolled in this program will acquire a strong foundation in engineering theory and will engage in project-based laboratory experiences.
This program is designed to transfer to local university (i.e. UMCP and UMBC) engineering programs. Students interested in this curriculum, however, are advised to check the requirements of the institution to which they intend to transfer.
As a graduate, you should be able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and technology to identify and solve engineering problems, both individually and in groups.
- Design and test a system, component, or process to meet specified needs within constraints.
- Communicate effectively via oral, hand-written, and electronic modes, including technical presentations.
- Utilize modern engineering techniques, skills, and tools, with an emphasis on the role that computers play in solving engineering problems.
- Understand and apply the professional and ethical obligations of the engineering profession in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
Visit the Engineering instructional area for all related programs.
Curriculum ProfileEngineering - A.A. Degree (Transfer)
View the college catalog for this curriculum profile, including
- program description
- any general education requirements
- required and elective courses
- course descriptions
- total credit hours
- any program outcomes
Hi! We would be happy to share more information about our programs.
Please submit the form and we will be in touch shortly!