Computer Engineering - A.S.E. Degree (Transfer)
Computer engineers research, design, develop, and test computer systems and components such as processors, circuit boards, memory devices, networks, and routers. By creating new directions in computer hardware, these engineers create rapid advances in computer technology. HCC offers a two-year associate transfer degree program.
This program is designed for students preparing to transfer to a four-year institution to complete a bachelor’s degree in computer engineering. Engineers apply the principles of science and mathematics to develop economical solutions to technical problems. Their work is the link between scientific discoveries and the commercial applications that meet societal and consumer needs.
Computer engineers have training in electronic engineering, software design, and hardware-software integration instead of only software engineering or electronic engineering. Students interested in this curriculum, however, are advised to check the requirements of the institution to which they intend to transfer.
As a graduate, you should be able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and technology to identify and solve engineering problems, both individually and in groups.
- Design and test a system, component, or process to meet specified needs within constraints.
- Communicate effectively via oral, hand-written, and electronic modes, including technical presentations.
- Utilize modern engineering techniques, skills, and tools, with an emphasis on the role that computers play in solving engineering problems.
- Understand and apply the professional and ethical obligations of the engineering profession in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
Visit the Engineering instructional area for all related programs.
Hi! We would be happy to share more information about our programs.
Please submit the form and we will be in touch shortly!