Visual Arts - A.A. Degree (Transfer)
HCC's transfer degree program in art provides the foundation for the principles and practice of a variety of studio arts, including drawing, photography, and ceramics. This curriculum is designed to guide you towards transfer to a four-year institution to complete a bachelor’s degree in Studio Art.
As a graduate, you should be able to:
- Identify, understand, evaluate, and apply ethical reasoning as it applies to visual and commercial arts.
- Develop and demonstrate self-confidence, motivation, risk-taking abilities, visual literacy, and perceptual awareness as it applies to visual art.
- Develop and demonstrate self-confidence, motivation, and risk-taking as it applies to creating and outputting digital art through image creation and manipulation software, design and layout software, standard and wide-format printers, and the Internet.
- Analyze and demonstrate historical perspective as it relates to art history from ancient to contemporary art and culture from around the world.
- Effectively critique, examine, and discuss the content and meaning of one’s own body of work as well as that of others.
Visit the Visual Arts Department for more information on this engaging program.
Hi! We would be happy to share more information about our programs.
Please submit the form and we will be in touch shortly!