Skip Navigation
HCC Main Campus
10901 Little Patuxent Parkway
Columbia MD, 21044
Laurel College Center
312 Marshall Avenue, Suite 205
Laurel, MD 20707
Gateway Business Training Center
6751 Columbia Gateway Drive
Columbia MD, 21046
Take a Virtual Tour
Take an interactive look at HCC's campus

Continuing Education Student Services

Bus Discount - Regional Transportation Agency (RTA)

Regional Transportation Agency (RTA) monthly bus passes are available for purchase at the Cashier's Office, located in RCF 200A. The cost for a monthly bus pass is $10. Students must be enrolled in the current semester at Howard Community College in order to purchase a bus pass. The cashier will confirm enrollment; noncredit students do not need to present a college ID.

CEUs, Certifications & Licensure

Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and certificates are available for many courses. CEUs are nationally recognized measures of lifelong learning credit (not degree credit) and are based on the number of contact hours taken for a course. 

Certificates of completion or certificates of attendance are available for many continuing education classes. The instructor for the course will explain the requirements for a certificate in that class. 

Learn more about CEUs, Certifications & Licensure

Financial Aid 

Financial Aid may be available for Howard County residents who meet certain income criteria and wish to enroll in career related noncredit courses. 

View financial aid criteria and download application

Identification Cards

A college identification card is not required for continuing education students. However, having an ID card entitles you to certain benefits. Students who pay $125 or more in noncredit tuition and fees for the current credit semester are eligible for a student ID card for that semester. 

Review requirements for getting an ID card


In continuing education, the term "transcript" is not used. Instead, the document is called a "record." The term transcript applies only to credit (degree) courses. 

If you want a record of the noncredit courses you have taken at HCC, you will need to complete a Record Request Form.

Information on all courses taken on or after July 1, 2003, will be included on this official record and provided by HCC's Office of Records and Registration. For courses taken before that date, other forms of documentation may be available. If you have questions, call 443-518-1700.

Accommodations for People With Disabilities

All students with disabilities who require special accommodations must email the Division of Continuing Education at three weeks before their first class begins so that we may provide suitable assistance. All information is kept confidential.

Giving makes a difference! Your support helps students along their pathways to success.