Noncredit Scholarships & Financial Aid
Noncredit Financial Aid Application
Please read and fully complete the application form and submit it with all required documentation at least three weeks before the class start date.
Workforce Development Sequence Scholarship
Take the next step in your career with a financial award by applying to our new Workforce Development Sequence Scholarship. The scholarship, available through the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC), is designed to provide a maximum award of $2,000 in financial assistance for approved noncredit certificate program courses that lead to employment, licensure, or job skill enhancement.
The following courses are currently eligible:
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Theory & Clinical
- Early Childhood & Child Care Preschool 90 Hours: Child Growth & Development and Preschool Curriculum - You must enroll in both courses.
- Health Care Interpreter Sequence - You must enroll in both courses.
- Introduction to Dental Assisting & Dental Assisting Externship
- Medical Coding Certification: Advanced Facility Medical Coding, Advanced Facility/Outpatient Medical Coding, Advanced Physician Medical Coding & Introduction to ICD-10-CM Medical Coding, CPT & HCPCS Medical Coding - You must enroll in all courses.
- Medical Insurance Billing Sequence: Anatomy & Pathophysiology for Medical Insurance Billers/Coders, Medical Insurance Billing A-Z Plus and Medical Terminology - You must enroll in all courses.
- MRI Technologist Certificate Sequence
- Ophthalmic Technician Assistant Training & Clinical
- Pharmacy Technician Training Theory & Externship
- Project Management Professional (PMP) & Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) Certification Exam Prep & Microsoft Project courses - You must enroll in both courses.
These scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis and are contingent upon availability of funds.
Full criteria for the scholarship is listed in the application form. Please read and fully complete the application form and submit it with all required documentation at least three weeks before the class start date.
Possible Financial Assistance
The following alternate sources for funding may be available, please see below.
- If you are unemployed: Contact Howard County Office of Workforce Development at 410-290-2620.
- If you are single and head of your household: Contact Career Links at Howard Community College at 443-518-1340.
- If you are currently employed by a nursing home and wish to take the CNA course: Contact your employer’s human resources director. If you want to set up a payment plan, find out whether your employer can reimburse you for your tuition.
- If you want to set up a payment plan: Contact the Cashier’s Office at Howard Community College at 443-518-1862. To qualify for a payment plan, your tuition and fees must total $500 or more in the same term.
- If you are the spouse of an active duty army, navy, air force, or marine service member, or activated reserve member in pay grades E1-E5, W1-W2, or 01-02: You may be eligible for tuition assistance through McCAA. Eligibility is determined by McCAA, not Howard Community College.
For more information about noncredit financial aid, please call Gina Lyon at 443-518-4793 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kids on Campus Financial Aid/Scholarship Application
All funds have been allocated for the Kids on Campus Financial Aid/Scholarship for 2019.