Location and Housing (EI)
Don’t just learn here, live here.
Howard Community College is located in central Columbia, Maryland, a safe, beautiful suburban community that is halfway between Baltimore and Washington, D.C. It is also a short bus or train ride away from New York City and Philadelphia. You can reach natural attractions such as beaches and mountains within a couple of hours by car.
HCC does not have on-campus housing, but EI students enjoy many different residential options within close proximity to campus. See below for more information about the area, housing, and transportation.
About Columbia, Maryland
The EI is located within a mile of the downtown Columbia area. The downtown Columbia area has a lot to offer including:
- The Mall in Columbia featuring a wide variety of shops, eateries, and a movie theater
- A scenic lakefront where festivals, outdoor movie nights, and concerts take place
- A large concert pavilion where world-famous musicians regularly perform
- Outdoor recreation including lakes, swimming pools, picnic pavilions, miniature golf, and a skateboard park
- Many restaurants offering cuisines from many origins
- Places of worship along with special community events and celebrations
- Easy access to Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI), Dulles International Airport (IAD), and Washington Reagan National Airport (DCA)
- Close proximity to some of the country's best four-year colleges and universities, such as American University, George Washington University, Georgetown University, Johns Hopkins University, and the University of Maryland
Columbia is also situated in Howard County, one of the most affluent counties in the nation, with a nationally ranked public school system and an award-winning hospital and library system. Columbia is consistently named a “Best Place to Live” in the U.S. by Money magazine.
To get a taste of what Columbia looks like, watch this video produced by our friends at the Columbia Association.
Hi! We would be happy to share more information about the English Institute.
Please submit the form and we will be in touch shortly!