ESL Registration and Placement Testing
Our experienced advisors can help you choose a class that fits your need.
Winter and Spring 2022 registration will start in December.
- To register in person, CLICK HERE for registration schedule and instructions
- To register online, CLICK HERE for instructions
Important Information about Registration
- Students must be 16 or older to register.
- All students pay the listed prices. Fees are not eligible for waiver.
- Out-of-county fee is $10 and out-of-state fee is $20.
- Only ages 60+ are eligible for tuition waiver.
- All refund or transfer requests MUST BE made in person or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- See our refund policy here.
To register in person, come to the Hickory Ridge Building at Howard Community College during the dates and times listed below, and our advisors will help you register.
- January 21 Friday 10–11am
- January 25 Tuesday 5:30–7pm
What to bring for registration:
- Mask (must be worn at all times)
- Credit card or cash for payment
Campus address: 5075 Campus Drive, Columbia, MD 21044.
Click Here for directions.
Most of our classes will be offered in-person for Spring 2022. Therefore, most of our registration sessions will be in-person. Online registration sessions will be limited. If you are not able to come during one of the online registration sessions listed below or if the appointments are full, you should plan to attend an in-person registration.
Date Time Status Tue, Jan 18 10-11am appointments open on Jan 3 Mon, Jan 24 5:30-6:30pm appointments open on Jan 10
To register online, CLICK HERE to reserve your registration appointment. Our advisors will video chat with you on Zoom and help you choose your class. Classes fill up quickly, so register early!
What to prepare for your online appointment:
• Make sure your computer has audio and video capabilities. It would be easier to use a computer or a laptop instead of a cell phone for online registration.
• Download the Zoom app to video chat with an advisor in Zoom.
• Have your home address, phone number, and email address ready.
• For returning students, have your HCC student ID number ready.
• Have your credit card or debit card ready to make payment.
• Check out our class schedule or brochure see what classes you would like to take.
Full-Time Intensive English Program
If you want to study English full time, our English Institute (EI) offers a full-time program for F1 international students and U.S. residents. Study 18 hours a week, receive special advising and support, and take part in activities to meet new friends as well as improve English skills. Visit howardcc.edu/ei or email email@example.com for additional information about this fast-track English program.
CLICK HERE to fill out an information request form, and we will email you registration updates.