ESL Registration and Placement Testing
Our experienced advisors can help you choose a class that fits your need.
A placement test is required for all new students. You will take a placement test and meet with an advisor who will help you choose a class that is suitable for your English level. We give placement tests during the times listed in the schedules below in the Hickory Ridge Building, Room 200. No appointment is necessary.
Fall 2019 Testing & Registration Schedule
Most classes begin the week of September 3! Register early!
Important Information About Testing & Registration
- A placement test is required for all new students. Testing is NOT required for returning students in most situations.
- Placement tests are given, during the times on the chart above, in Room 200 of the Hickory Ridge Building on Howard Community College's campus. No appointment is necessary. Children are not allowed in testing rooms.
- Students must be 16 or older to register.
- To register for an online class, please email email@example.com.
- All students pay the listed prices. Fees are not eligible for waiver.
- Only ages 60+ are eligible for tuition waiver.
Bring to Registration:
- Payment for pay classes
- Materials fee ($50) for free classes
- Pay with credit card, cash or check
- Advising sheet from previous semester (for returning students only)
Full-Time Intensive English Program
If you want to study English full time, our English Institute (EI) offers a full-time program for F1 international students and U.S. residents. Study 18 hours a week, receive special advising and support, and take part in many exciting activities. Visit howardcc.edu/ei or call for additional information about this fast-track English program.
Hi! We would be happy to share more information about the English Language Center.
Please submit the form and we will be in touch shortly!