ESL Registration and Placement Testing
Our experienced advisors can help you choose a class that fits your need.
Registration for Summer I ESL classes starts in May, 2021.
- To register online, CLICK HERE for instructions
- To register in person, CLICK HERE for instructions
- See class schedule here
Important Information about Registration
- Students must be 16 or older to register.
- All students pay the listed prices. Fees are not eligible for waiver.
- Out-of-county fee is $10 and out-of-state fee is $20.
- Only ages 60+ are eligible for tuition waiver.
- All refund or transfer requests MUST BE emailed to email@example.com.
- See our refund policy here.
If you want to take a Scheduled Zoom or a Flexible Online ESL class, CLICK HERE to reserve your registration appointment. Our advisors will video chat with you through Zoom and help you choose your class. Classes fill up quickly, so make your appointment and register early!
What to prepare for your online appointment:
- Make sure your computer has audio and video capabilities. It would be easier to use a computer or a laptop instead of a cell phone for online registration.
- Download the Zoom app to video chat with an advisor in Zoom.
- Have your home address, phone number, and email address ready.
- For returning students, have your HCC student ID number or yellow Advising Form ready.
- Have your credit card or debit card ready to make payment.
- Check out our Summer Class Schedule and see what classes you would like to take.
If you want to take a Hybrid ESL class that meets in person, come to the Hickory Ridge Building at Howard Community College on one of the dates and times listed below, and our advisors will help you register.
- Wednesday, May 5, 5:30pm-6:30pm
- Tuesday, May 11, 5:30pm-6:30pm
What to bring for registration:
- Mask (must be worn at all times)
- Credit or debit card ONLY for payment
If you prefer to register online, CLICK HERE to make an appointment to meet with an advisor in Zoom.
CLICK HERE to fill out an information request form, and we will notify you when our Summer registration begins in May.
Full-Time Intensive English Program
If you want to study English full time, our English Institute (EI) offers a full-time program for F1 international students and U.S. residents. Study 18 hours a week, receive special advising and support, and take part in activities to meet new friends as well as improve English skills. Visit howardcc.edu/ei or email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information about this fast-track English program.
Hi! We would be happy to share more information about the English Language Center.
Please submit the form and we will be in touch shortly!