Orthopedic Technician Assistant Training
Become a Certified Orthopedic Technician Assistant
Are you ready to enter the workforce with the foundational knowledge and skill set required to work alongside experienced orthopedic technicians and orthopedic doctors in an orthopedic clinic setting? Our hybrid Orthopedic Technician Assistant Training class allows you to take part of the class online, build skills in class, and gain practical clinical experience in an orthopedic office.
Orthopedic Technician Assistant Training at HCC
Our course provides both theory and practical skills education required to work as an entry-level orthopedic technician assistant. As an entry-level orthopedic technician assistant, you will conduct patient histories and provide relevant patient education. In addition, you will assist with a variety of procedures that are common in the orthopedic doctor’s office such as: casting; applying splints; braces; appliances; and supports. You will also gain skills in sterile dressings, stitches, and wound care management.
The clinical shadowing experience will provide exposure and hands-on practical experience in an orthopedic doctor’s office setting and in a brace shop.
You must complete the Technician Assistant Training (XH-701) and Technician Assistant Clinical (XH-703) in order to receive a completion certificate.
- Basic anatomy of the musculoskeletal system
- Basic orthopedic surgeries management
- Basic knowledge of durable medical equipment used in orthopedic patient care
- Patient intake and teaching
- Wound care management
- Casting skills
- Management of braces, splints, appliances and supports
- Medical office ethics and customer service relationship
To take orthopedic technician assistant training at HCC, you must:
- Be 18 years or older
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be able to speak and understand American English
- Pass a criminal background check
- Complete health forms
Enroll in Courses
Hi! We would be happy to share more information about our continuing education programs.
Please submit the form and we will be in touch shortly!