Ophthalmic Technician Assistant Training
Become an Ophthalmic Technician Assistant
Gain the theory and practical skills you need to work as an ophthalmic technician assistant. As an entry-level ophthalmic technician assistant, you will:
- Conduct patient histories
- Assist with eye exams
- Set up and clean up exam rooms
- Provide patient education
After successful completion of training, you will be eligible to register for the mandatory internship associated with course completion.
This course includes an online component, mandatory skills/lab sessions, and 40-hour clinical rotation..
How to Register
In order to register for this class, you must:
- Meet with the division coordinator to show proof of high school diploma/GED (or pass a Math and English assessment test).
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Complete health forms required for patient contact.
Please call Jennifer Bukowitz at 443- 518-4967 or Kathy Schultz at 443-518-4981 to schedule an appointment to obtain a registration form.
Enroll in Courses for the Current Term
Hi! We would be happy to share more information about our continuing education programs.
Please submit the form and we will be in touch shortly!
To register for the Ophthalmic Technician Assistant course, please follow the steps outlined above under “How to Register.”