Online Course Login Instructions, Guidelines & Tips
Early Childhood Education & Child Care Online Course Login Information
If you're thinking about taking an online class, it's best to register early as our classes fill quickly. Below includes information to help you prepare for an online class before and after you register.
Before You Register
There are no face-to-face meetings in all online classes. However, some online classes offer an optional in-person orientation, which means that you do not have to attend the orientation but have the option to. See below for more details:
- You are expected to log in as of the first class date.
- You will need access to a computer, the internet and email to take an online course. Sufficient computer skills are required, including using a word processing program to write and save your work on your computer.
- You must provide an email address when you register. If your email address or other contact information has changed since your last class, in addition to providing the new information when registering you must also please complete and submit a Change of Information Form.
- It is the student’s responsibility to know how and when to log in to the online class. See below for information about how to log in. Your access to the course will be effective the start date of class, but you may practice logging in beforehand.
Login Instructions for Online Classes
Step 1: Set up your HCC Login Credentials through Password Services
- Click this link to set up your HCC login credentials login.howardcc.edu
- You need to know your HCC Login ID, which is your User Name (see below)
Student Login Credential
User Name: the first character of your first name + the first seven characters of your last name + the last four digits of your student ID number, all in lower case. If your last name has fewer than 7 letters, use the entire last name.
User name Example
Accounts are deactivated three weeks after your noncredit class ends. This includes myHCC and HCC email.
Returning students: If you are currently in a class and have an active account, no action is necessary. If it has been more than three weeks since the end of your last class, and you can no longer access your account, you will need to set up your HCC login credentials again.
Difficulty with Log In, User Name or Password? Visit our Password Help Page.
Step 2: Logging into your Canvas course
- Open a web browser (Google Chrome) and navigate to http://www.howardcc.edu
- Click on the “Tools and Resources” link located on the upper right hand corner above the search box.
- Select “Canvas” from the menu.
- Click the “HCC Students and Faculty” button.
- Login using Canvas Login: User Name and the Password you created in step 1 (above).
- Once you are logged in, click on “Courses” to select your course.
- If you are enrolled in multiple courses, use the same log in. Once you are logged in, click on “Courses” to select between your courses.
- Once you log in, you can locate your instructor’s contact information by clicking on the “Syllabus.”
Students enrolled through other community colleges: Link to Instructions
Missing Receipt & Difficulty Logging In
Don’t have a receipt? If you are an HCC student, contact 443-518-4825 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a student of another college, you should contact the college where you are registered.
Difficulty with login, username or password? Contact the Technology Service Center at 443-518-4444.
Additional InformationBefore your class starts, review information about textbooks and certificates.