Solar PV Systems Certifications
Prepare for Solar System Inspector Certification
This course is for individuals employed as codes inspectors for Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) or quality assurance personnel in the solar photovoltaic (PV) industry. You will perform solar system inspections by evaluating electrical, storage, and mechanical components. This course is based on industry job task analysis established by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Inspect electrical components including AC interconnection and DC disconnects and compare against approved system plans.
- Visually and physically inspect ground system, utility grid compliance, conductors, and raceways.
- Verify PV array design and energy storage components comply to applicable codes and safety concerns.
- Inspect mechanical/structural components for a PV system including roof and ground mount structures.
- Review documentation for system including permit package.
Participants may obtain the NABCEP Solar System Inspector Certification.
This course prepares individuals for employment as a solar photovoltaic (PV) installer. Course content includes the principles behind PV system design and operation, site evaluations, and system components. This hands-on class includes troubleshooting, repair of common PV system faults and errors. No refund seven days prior to course start date. Please bring text the first night of class. (T) 45 hours, 4.5 CEUs.
** Tuition and fees not eligible for waiver for XE courses.
(S) = Supplies needed. Instructor will provide list at first class.
(T) = Textbook recommended or required. Purchase at HCC Bookstore or online before first class.