SHRM Certified HR Professional Exam Preparation
Demonstrate Your Human Resource Expertise & Gain Practical Skills
Establish yourself as a globally-recognized HR expert by earning your SHRM Certified Profession (SHRM-CP®) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP®) credential. These professional certifications can open doors for professional advancement, serve to harmonize standards with changing expectations and signal to employers advanced professional development.
For more than a decade, Howard Community College has been a preferred provider of SHRM human resources training. Ensure you're prepared with our course, designed for SHRM credential candidates. Expand and test your knowledge and practical, real-life competencies in areas critical for HR career success.
This intensive 10-week program combines expert instruction with the 2019 SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP, so you will learn faster, retain more knowledge and stay on track for success on the exam.
Offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the curriculum provided in the 2019 SHRM Learning System is designed by global subject matter experts and covers the entire SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™). Throughout the program HR professionals are encouraged to acquire the Competencies and Knowledge they'll need to effectively perform their jobs and achieve career success. Our course is designed to help you learn and retain the material effectively and efficiently by combining the best exam preparation system with expert instruction and peer discussion.
HCC offers you a preparation course to help meet your needs and increase your success on the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exams.
Benefits to You
You'll benefit from:
- An experienced, certified instructor
- The SHRM Learning System, historically ranked the #1 HR certification prep tool
- Ability to acquire the knowledge and understand the behavioral competencies to help you prepare for the exam
- A structured learning experience that keeps you on track
- Opportunities to network and learn from your peers
Benefits To Your Employer
Certification benefits your entire organization:
- It demonstrates that your HR professionals have mastered the application of HR technical and behavioral competencies.
- Certification prepares your HR staff to assume greater leadership roles and contribute to the strategic direction of your organization.
- Exam preparation helps HR professionals bring new ideas to your organization that will help drive success.
- It helps create a common HR language that optimizes consistency and effectiveness.
- Certification is relevant worldwide, as exams cover the new global SHRM BoCK™.
To earn your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP you must meet specific educational and work experience criteria at the time you submit your application in order to be eligible to sit for the exam. For details on these requirements, visit shrmcertification.org/eligibility.
For those not seeking certification, the SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP course provides a comprehensive and accelerated option for professional development. Participants gain a generalist viewpoint, refresh key ideas and concepts, strengthen their understanding of core HR competencies and increase productivity in the workplace.
Study with learning modules that provide an in-depth exploration of the knowledge domains and behavioral competencies tested on the SHRM exams.
- HR Competencies
- Leadership & Navigation
- Ethical Practice
- Business Acumen
- Relationship Management
- Critical Evaluation
- Global & Cultural Effectiveness
- HR Strategic Planning
- Talent Acquisition
- Employee Engagement & Retention
- Learning & Development
- Total Rewards
- Structure of the HR Function
- Organizational Effectiveness & Development
- Workforce Management
- Employee & Labor Relations
- Technology Management
- HR in the Global Context
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Risk Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- U.S. Employment Law & Regulations
- HR Competencies
Enroll in SHRM Course for the Current Term
To receive a $100 early bird tuition discount, you must register by July 11.
This is an introductory course offering a comprehensive overview of the key aspects of HR. It gives participants foundational knowledge and an introduction to behavioral competencies that are essential for business success. This course is ideal for those who are just starting out in the human resources profession, or those who are looking for an effective way to boost their employee management skills. Topics include: Human Resources, Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, Learning and Development, Performance Management, and Employment Law. To receive a $100 early bird tuition discount, you must register by July 11. Standard refund policy does not apply. No refunds on or after the class start date. 1.8 CEUs.
Hi! We would be happy to share more information about our continuing education programs.
Please submit the form and we will be in touch shortly!