Canvas Login Instructions- HCC Continuing Education Students
If you are registered through HCC for a current term continuing education class, please follow these instructions for logging into Canvas.
Please allow up to a day after registering for your Canvas course access to be set up.
For an upcoming class, access will be available one week before the first class date. If the class has not started yet, wait until the first class date to begin work. Once you log in, you can locate your instructor’s contact information by clicking on the “Syllabus.”
How to Log On to your Course
- Open a web browser and navigate to http://www.howardcc.edu
- Click on the “Tools and Resources” link located on the upper right hand corner above the search box.
- Select “Canvas” from the menu.
- Click the “Continuing Education Students” button.
- Login using Canvas Login: User Name and Password (see below.)
- Once you are logged in, click on “Courses” to select your course.
- If you are enrolled in multiple courses, use the same log in. Once you are logged in, click on “Courses” to select between your courses.
Please note: You will need to know your HCC student ID number and username to log on. You’re ID number should be 7 digits long but the password requirement is 8 digits. Add zeros to the beginning of your ID to make it 8 digits.
Don’t know your HCC student ID or username? Contact the HCC helpdesk at 443-518-4444.
Difficulty with Log In, User Name or Password?
Contact the HCC help desk 443-518-4444.
Student Log in Information
User Name is: The first initial of your first name + the first 7 letters of your last name + the last four digits of your HCC student ID number.
Password is your full HCC student ID number plus leading zeroes to make it 8 digits long. Your password will be 8 digits long.
Enjoy the class!