Faculty Development & Instructional Media
Center for Teaching Excellence| Clark Library, room CL270| 443-518-4848| IMFacultyLab@howardcc.edu
Do you need assistance with designing classroom instruction, integrating technology into your courses or incorporating video into your lessons?
We support faculty with resources to enhance teaching and learning, with a focus on active learning.
Our services include:
- Comprehensive Instructional Design services that integrate consulting, coaching and research-based best practices in teaching.
- Course, lesson, assignment and assessment design to align with your learning objectives and outcomes.
- Flexible and faculty-focused in-classroom support, including assistance with classroom technologies and teaching methods.
- Support for instructional innovations and collaboration with faculty across disciplines.
- Faculty lab space to explore new and emerging technology and research-supported pedagogy (CL270).
- Partner with faculty to offer workshops on best practices in the art and scholarship of teaching and learning.
- Support faculty on projects, presentations and initiatives and connect them to associated resources.
Faculty Lecture capture:
- Video, audio, and screen recordings from classroom lectures, events, and faculty offices using Mediasite.
- Recordings may be hosted for your face-to-face classes and in Canvas.
Faculty Media Creation:
- Media suite to record and edit audio and video.
- Adobe Premiere, Articulate, Audacity, Jing, Mediasite, Pinnacle, PowerPoint, PowToons.
- Digital audio and video recording.
- Transfer of audio and video to CD and DVD (within copyright guidelines)
- CD and DVD duplication
- Closed captioning
- Web conferencing (Adobe Connect)
Our online resources include:
- A faculty support website - https://www.ctefaculty.com/
- The Faculty Professional Development Calendar
Technology we support (Click here to see a comprehensive list of technology we support):
- Adobe Connect (web conferencing)
- Articulate - interactive presentation authoring software
- Audacity - audio recording software
- Brightlink - Annotating interactive projector
- Classroom control systems
- Document cameras
- Google Suite/Drive (for instructional use)
- Microsoft Office Suite (for instructional use)
- Mobile teaching technologies
- Surface Tablets
- Weebly - website builder
- Wix - website builder
- Click here to see a comprehensive list
Dr. Amy Chase Martin, Director of Faculty Development and Instructional Media - x-4848
Mike Stein, Instructional Designer - x-4682
Media Specialists - x-4010 firstname.lastname@example.org