Whether your goal is medicine or marine biology, pharmacy or research, or anywhere in between, when you choose to study the sciences at Howard Community College, you are opening a door to exploration, investigation, problem solving, and discovery. Our science programs are diverse and dynamic, with a multi-disciplinary approach to learning that allows you to understand and impact our world through scientific practice and research.
In HCC’s Science, Engineering, and Technology (SET) Building, you will have access to the most advanced, state-of-the-art resources and technology. The space unifies aspiring and practicing scientists, offering tools, technologies, programs, and resources to explore and learn.
Prepare for transfer to top universities, with hands-on experience at the undergraduate level in life sciences, physical sciences, environmental science, and more!
- Life Science degree students may choose further study in agriculture, botany, entomology, plant science, microbiology, zoology, molecular biology, genetics, ecology, physiology, marine biology, and pre-medical or pre-allied health programs.
- Physical Science degree students may continue their studies in specialty areas such as astronomy, chemistry, geology, meteorology, physics, lab technicians, technical writing, and secondary and college teaching.
- Environmental Science degree is designed for transfer to baccalaureate programs in environmental science, ecology, or natural resources management.
- Plant Science degree students explore the broad field of plant science from forestry to landscaping to fruit and vegetable production, and the curriculum is specifically designed for transfer to the Natural Resource Science degree at University of Maryland College Park.
- Environmental Science - A.A. Degree (Transfer), Associate of Arts, (transfer)
- General Studies–STEM A.A. Degree (Transfer), Associate of Arts, (transfer)
- Life Science - A.A. Degree (Transfer), Associate of Arts, (transfer)
- Physical Science - A.A. Degree (Transfer), Associate of Arts, (transfer)
- Plant Science - A.A. Degree (Transfer), Associate of Arts, (transfer)
Hi! We would be happy to share more information about our programs.
Please submit the form and we will be in touch shortly!