Engineering is a field that can significantly impact our future economy and quality of life. Students of HCC’s Engineering courses are getting that opportunity to change the world we live in through hands-on projects, such as our Dragon Racing project, as well as addressing real-world challenges.
The demand for experienced and skilled engineers in our technology-centric world has expanded significantly in recent years, and will continue to grow. With the right education, you can join the in-demand workforce for electrical, mechanical, and computer engineers. At Howard Community College, you will learn from experienced faculty, with real-world industry experience, and gain hands-on project experience using the resources in HCC’s Science, Engineering, and Technology Building.
Additional distinctive learning opportunities for engineering students include:
- A weekly Engineering Seminar, bringing all students together for presentations from local professionals, peer-to-peer networking, team-building activities, and competitions
- Academic enrichment opportunities with the STEM Learning Community.
- Campus student clubs, including the Engineering Club, the Amateur Radio Club, and HCC chapters of the Society of Women Engineers, and of the National Society of Black Engineers
- Industry partnerships and resources for professional development and community outreach
- Enhanced opportunities for study and discovery in HCC’s Science, Engineering, and Technology Building, featuring an engineering build room, a machine shop, labs for 3D printing and digital fabrication, and much more!
- The possibility of transfer to most types of engineering science programs including: mechanical, civil, aerospace, computer, electrical, fire protection and materials engineering. Part of a statewide articulation agreement developed by two and four year college and universities in Maryland.
Hi! We would be happy to share more information about our programs.
Please submit the form and we will be in touch shortly!