Dental Hygiene Center
Smile! Affordable dental hygiene care is here!Did you know? Maintaining good oral health is important for your overall health. Getting regular dental checkups and cleanings can help keep your mouth and your body healthy!
The Dental Hygiene Center provides high quality, affordable dental hygiene care. Patient volunteers are cared for by Howard Community College Dental Hygiene program students, under the supervision of a clinic dentist (DMD), for a small materials fee. Because the Center does not accept insurance plan payments, it is a good option for those who do not have dental insurance coverage or who desire care beyond what their plan provides.
Watch our Dental Hygiene Program video here!
The Dental Hygiene Center at Howard Community College provides a complete array of dental hygiene services:
- Complete medical and dental history assessment
- Blood pressure screenings
- Complete dental hygiene exam and assessment of teeth and gums
- Intra-oral and extra-oral cancer screening
- Preventive oral hygiene treatment and instructions
- Risk assessment for periodontal disease and dental caries
- Non-surgical periodontal treatment and follow-up care
- Fluoride treatment
- Dental radiographs (x-rays)
- Scaling and root planning (deep cleaning)
- Nutritional counseling
- Tobacco cessation counseling
- Pit and fissure sealants
- Referrals as needed, determined by clinic dentist
Fees are collected when services are rendered. Insurance payments are not accepted.
- $10.00 for current HCC Students
- $15.00 for current HCC Faculty and Staff
- $10.00 for Children Community Members
- $20.00 for Adult Community Members
Non-refundable payments must be made before the scheduled appointment. Make a credit card payment below, or pay in cash at the Cashier’s Office located on the second floor of The Rouse Company Foundation building. Their hours are Monday – Thursday 8:45am - 7:30pm, and Friday 8:45am - 5:00pm. The cashier’s office only accepts credit cards and cash. Please remember to bring your photo ID and/or current HCC ID. The fees collected are to cover expenses/materials used in the dental hygiene center only.
Please click below to complete patient information form.
NO babysitting is available in the center, please do not bring small children with you. Patients are not allowed to leave children unattended in the receptionist area.
Patients who need to request dental records and/or radiographs from the dental hygiene center must allow a minimum of 5 days for processing, and must sign a release form.
Health Sciences Building, HSB 168
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
The center is closed for spring break and major holidays.
Emergency Closing Policies
There are several ways to check on the status of an HCC emergency or weather-related closing/delayed opening:
- The HCC website homepage (www.howardcc.edu) is updated with an announcement, and will link to this page if there are details.
- Subscribers to the HCC Mobile Alert System will receive a message on their designated device (cell phone, email, pager, desktop RSS), if the "Closings & Delays option was selected. Click here for more information on how to subscribe to this free, optional service for HCC students and employees or visit www.howardcc.edu/alert.
- The HCC switchboard number (443-518-1000) has a recorded message about the status.
- Radio and television stations in the Baltimore-Washington metro are notified and many include the information in their broadcasts and/or their websites. However, for the most timely and accurate updates, please check one of the official college sources listed above.
College Closing Policy:
If the college is closed, the center is closed.
Late Opening Policy: Morning Appointment
If the college has a late opening anywhere between 7:30am-12:00pm and you had a morning appointment that day, the center will close for all morning appointments.
For example, if your appointment was scheduled from 8:00am-12:00pm and the college states that it will open at 10:00am, then your appointment will be cancelled. You will be contacted on the next available business day to reschedule your appointment.
Late Opening Policy: Afternoon Appointment
If the college has a late opening anywhere between 12:30pm-5:00pm and you had an afternoon appointment that day, the center will close for the day.
For example, if your appointment was scheduled from 1:00pm-5:00pm and the college states that it will open at 2:00pm, then your appointment will be cancelled. You will be contacted on the next available business day to reschedule your appointment.
Early Closing Policy
If the college closes early and you are at your appointment the center will have to close. You can either reschedule your appointment before you leave, or you will be contacted on the next available business day to reschedule your appointment.