High stakes learning for the health of our community.
HCC's Health Science programs remain in the forefront of innovative health care training that prepare students to meet career goals and workforce demand in an affordable and expedient way. In addition to a renowned nursing program, one of the largest in the state, the Health Sciences Division offers associate degree and certificate programs in over a dozen in-demand allied health fields:
- Cardiovascular Technology - Explore a multidisciplinary science dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of patients who have, or may have, cardiac and/or peripheral vascular disease.
- Dental Hygiene - Study to become a dental hygienist: licensed primary health care providers and members of the dental team responsible for the preventive aspects of oral health.
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography - Learn how Diagnostic Medical Sonographers play an important role in health care, producing multi-dimensional ultrasonic recordings of internal organs for use by physicians.
- Emergency Medical Services - Use this program's blend of cutting-edge simulation technology, real-life field experiences, and interdisciplinary learning to prepare you to respond to situations you will face on emergency calls.
- Health Promotion and Human Performance - Choose from dieticians, public health workers, fitness trainers, health educators, substance abuse counselors, etc. These are the occupations you can pursue with Health Promotion and Human Performance.
- Nursing - Become part of HCC's nursing education program, one of the largest in Maryland, and renowned for providing students with innovative, top-quality, and affordable learning opportunities to enter and succeed in the nursing field.
- Physical Therapist Assistant - Join the licensed technical health care workers who provide services to promote movement to reduce pain, restore function, and prevent disability.
- Radiologic Technology - Study this program to prepare yourself to become entry-level radiographers in hospitals, medical and specialty offices, imaging centers, clinics, and other health care agencies or related corporations.
- Mid-Maryland Allied Healthcare Education Consortium - Learn about the college's affiliation with the Mid-Maryland Allied Healthcare Education Consortium which provides students with greater accessibility to designated health care education programs throughout the state.
For noncredit allied health certification programs and courses, visit HCC’s Continuing Education and Workforce Development Division.
Whether your goal is career entry and professional licensing, or you are currently in the health care field seeking advancement or transition into another specialization, you can get there from here!