English and World Languages
Master the academic skills and cultural competencies you need to advance your studies, widen career options, and become a productive global citizen.
Whatever your career or life goals, to survive and thrive in our increasingly interconnected 21st century requires strong communication skills, critical thinking abilities, and intercultural competencies. HCC’s English and World Languages courses can help you get there:
- Strengthen fundamental skills for college-level study
- Earn an associate degree for transfer to a bachelor’s program
- Sharpen job skills with classes in creative or technical writing
- Explore literature courses in a variety of genres and periods
- Advance career opportunities with proficiency in a world language
- Expand your world view with intercultural learning experiences within and beyond the classroom.
The English and World Languages Division’s mission is to create high-quality, innovative, and interactive learning experiences to teach students to master essential academic skills in reading, writing, critical thinking, cultural and global competencies, and world languages proficiency.
Visit the division’s Get Involved page for links to a variety of enriching campus and community partner events open to the public.
Follow the links below for more information on the academic offerings of the division’s two instructional areas.