Business & Computer Systems
Equip yourself with the business skills you need for entrepreneurship and careers in high-demand fields.
Web developer. Accountant. Executive chef. Business manager. Cybersecurity analyst. Entrepreneur. These are just a sample of the professions whose pathways begin at HCC. As an integral partner in Howard County's socioeconomic development, HCC's Business & Computer Systems degrees have a distinctly practical, real-world, just-in-time focus in order to identify the skill sets that students need to meet current and future workforce demands.
Get a Start on a Four-year Degree
The business pathway programs will prepare you with the skills needed to prosper in exciting yet stable career fields. Our high-quality education positions you to earn more money in cutting-edge fields while securing jobs that don't easily get cut when budgets get tight.
- Accounting: With the accounting classes at HCC, you will learn to apply accounting skills to a range of different managerial, business, and problem-solving situations.
- Business: It's easy to acquire the knowledge and skills to break into the business world, or take your career to new heights through practical business education at HCC.
- Entrepreneurship: Is yours the next great business concept? Entrepreneurship courses can provide the knowledge, skills, and resources to help you achieve it.
- Hospitality & Culinary: It’s an exciting time to pursue a career in hospitality and culinary arts. Job growth is predicted to triple in the next decade for graduates!
- Cyber Technology: Looking to dig for digital evidence with Cyber Forensics, protect digital assets with Cybersecurity, or maybe design the next bestselling app?
- Office Technology: Optimize your modern office technology skills and your earning potential with the convenience and support of HCC's Office Technology program.
With HCC's Business and Computer programs, you'll walk away equipped to transfer to a four-year college, and enter exciting opportunities in entrepreneurship and careers in high-demand fields.
An Award-winning Education
The division's relentless pursuit of excellence has led to national recognition for HCC, including designation by:
- Accreditation by both the American Culinary Federation Education Foundation and the Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration
- The first community college in the country recognized for excellence in business education by Accreditation Educational Services (AES).
- The Department of Homeland Security and the NSA as a National Center of Academic Excellence (CAE) in Information Assurance 2-Year Education
- The National Center of Digital Forensics Academic Excellence (CDFAE) Award from the Department of Defense's Cyber Crime Center (DC3)
Additionally, Howard Community College is a winner of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in the category of education, the award is the nation’s only presidential-level honor for performance excellence in organizations.
Convenient and Affordable
Howard Community College allows you to gain knowledge that offers independence and security in the jobs of today and the jobs of tomorrow, all conveniently located near you in Howard County, MD.
We’re committed to helping students with the costs of college. Not only is tuition considerably lower than 4-year colleges of equal academic value, but HCC can make financial assistance available through knowledgeable advisors to help cover your costs. Meet with your advisor today to discuss your options!
Whether you're a graduating high school senior looking for a two-year degree for transfer to a four-year school, an adult pushing the restart button on their education and career goals, or a mid-career professional needing to update skills to remain competitive...you can get there from here!