Affordable pathways to enter and succeed in this century's technology-based workforce.
Whether you’re a recent high school graduate or not-so-recent computer science major, a mid-career cyber professional or tech-savvy career-changer, HCC’s Cyber Technology instructional area provides accessible pathways for career entry, skill updates and certifications, and transfer for continued study at a four-year school.
HCC is the right choice for a rigorous and nationally-recognized cyber technology education, and here are some reasons why:
- Designation by NSA and the Department of Homeland Security as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cybersecurity Defense, and a National Center of Digital Forensics Academic Excellence by the DoD Cyber Crime Center
- Career programs leading to employment and industry skill certifications
- Associate degree programs meeting general education core requirements and transfer agreements to four-year programs
- State-of-the-art technology and facilities with hands-on lab instruction
- Industry partnerships and resources for experiential learning, including opportunities for extracurricular and cyber competitions
- Expertise of experienced faculty and practicing professionals
- Business and communication skills key to implementing technical solutions
HCC provides multiple program options for cyber technology students to meet their specific end goals, areas of interest, and transfer requirements:
HCC Cyber Technology News
- Howard Community College to Hold Science and Cyber Talks By Professors
- Cyber Programs Open the Door for New Expertise
- Howard Community College Presents “Tipping Point – Equifax Data Breach”
- A New Home for Discovery
- Google Ignite Grant Computer Science Camp Gives Girls Glimpse into Cybersecurity
- Spotlight on Cyber: Pathways to an In-demand Career
- 3D Innovation Hub Visited by Maryland Senators
- The Cyberwire Explores Cybersecurity Education at HCC
- Howard Community College and the Howard Tech Council Embarking on President Obama’s TechHire Community Initiative
- Hacking Done Right: Breaking in for Cybersecurity
In the News
- All kids should have a computer science education
- Take a look inside Howard Community College's new STEM building
- Cyberwire: Exploring Cyber Security Education
- And congratulations to student Stephanie Brice, who was selected from nearly 70 applicants across the United States and Canada to represent their school at Cisco Live this year.
Cyber Technology Events
For upcoming Cyber Technology Events, please check the college calendar.
Resources for Cyber Students1. The National CyberWatch Center
2. NSA opportunities for internships, scholarships and summer programs
3. National Initiative For CYBERSECURITY Education (NICE)