The HCC Educational Foundation (HCCEF) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation that provides funds for scholarships, grants and programs that benefit the college. Established in 1978, the HCCEF's mission is to improve lives and create opportunities by funding pathways to student success.
Contributions to the HCCEF are tax deductible to the fullest extent provided by law. One hundred percent of gifts go to support the scholarship, endowment, or program of the donor's choice. All administrative costs are covered by the college to ensure that all of the money raised goes directly to scholarships or to advance and support the programs and facilities of Howard Community College.
Current Board Members
Name Company Mary Cannon, Chairperson Mary Cannon & Associates, LLC Alexander Ruygrok, Vice Chairperson Bouland & Brush, LLC Kathleen Hetherington, Secretary Howard Community College Sean Keller, Treasurer Freedom Consulting Group Kenneth Solow, Assistant Treasurer Pinnacle Advisory Group, Inc.
Name Company Jonathan Ahn, Esq. Attorney Nancy Calder, Faculty Liaison Howard Community College Charlie Camp M&T Bank Alison Canning Morgan Stanley Allen Cornell NAI Michael Matt D'Amico Design Collective George Doetsch Apple Ford Lincoln Kevin Doyle, Trustee Liaison Sean Hough Sandy Spring Bank Mark Kelehan Harkins Builders Vivian Lawyer VML Coaching, LLC Benjamin Mobley PNC Wealth Management Eric Regelin GRANIX, LLC Danielle Smith Baltimore Gas & Electric Quentin Smith Praxis Engineering Allen Stott Chesapeake Corporate Advisors, LLC Robin Thomas BB&T Wealth Barbara Van Winkle Nancy Adams Personnel
Name Company Missy Mattey Howard Community College
- Finance and Investment
Ad Hoc Committees
- Silas Craft Collegians Fundraiser at Hunan Manor
- Vino Scholastico
- HCC 5K Challenge Race
- Fall 2018 Pathways Magazine with Donor Honor Roll
- Fall 2017 Pathways Magazine with Donor Honor Roll
- Fall 2016 Pathways Magazine with Donor Honor Roll
- Fall 2015 Pathways Magazine with Donor Honor Roll
- Fall 2014 Pathways Magazine with Donor Honor Roll
- Fall 2013 Pathways Magazine with Donor Honor Roll
- Fall 2012 Pathways Magazine with Donor Honor Roll
- Fall 2011 Pathways Magazine with Donor Honor Roll
- 2010 Annual Report
Scholarship assistance is a life-changing gift. The HCC Educational Foundation relies on the generosity of the community to assist in providing scholarship opportunities that help students get there from here. Regardless of the size of the gift, the foundation appreciates every contribution and recognizes all donors in the college's annual report. The following giving societies are established for donors at the $1,000 level and above..
- Legacy Society (Planned Gifts)
- President's Circle ($100,000 or more cumulative lifetime giving)
- 1970 Society ($25,000-$99,999)
- Pathway Society ($10,000-$24,999)
- Scholars Society ($5,000-$9,999)
- Partners in Success ($2,500-$4,999)
- Circle of Friends ($1,000-$2,499)
Employee Giving Campaign
As a community, HCC employees continually answer the call to help co-workers and students through the employee giving campaign, where funds are directed to the HCC Educational Foundation. Make your gift now or contact the development office for more information at or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The HCC Educational Foundation partners with college faculty and staff to apply for funding grants based on the needs of the college and community. Currently, these areas are identified as priorities: STEM, cyber security, health sciences, the arts, workforce development, underrepresented populations and entrepreneurship initiatives.