Gemini Piano Trio Chamber Music Workshop
Continuing their tradition of high-quality music education, the award-winning Gemini Piano Trio, consisting of Drs. Benjamin Myers (cello), Hsiu-Hui Wang (piano), and Sheng-Tsung Wang (violin), will be offering two exciting chamber music workshops: a one-week full day camp, along with a three-week session. Past participants of the workshop have been accepted to major music conservatories, All State orchestras and ensembles, and have gone on to win international and major state and area competitions. Registration forms for both workshops are due May 15, 2019, and tuition payments are due May 25, 2019. For more information about the trio, please go to www.geminipianotrio.org.
July 8, 2019 - July 12, 2019
Gemini Piano Trio Summer Chamber Music Workshop, "Rising Stars"
Full-Day (MUS 085-302; 9668) (8:30am - 12:00pm & 1:00pm - 4:30pm), Tuition 475/Fee 40
Rising Stars is an exciting chamber music program geared towards instrumentalists (string, winds, brass, and piano) in grades 5-12. Through coachings, masterclasses, and group seminars with members of the award-winning Gemini Piano Trio, as well as other renowned clinicians and guest artists, students will experience the rewarding challenges and performance technique of a professional chamber musician. The daily schedule includes ample time for individual, group rehearsals and activities/games, coachings, and workshops. The program culminates in an evening concert at the state-of-the-art Monteabaro Recital Hall. Possible additional outreach and professional performance opportunities will also be offered for selected groups. Early registration (by May 15 or earlier), along with an audio/video sample of the students' playing is recommended as it allows the coaches to assign and distribute music earlier. Through teamwork and individual preparation, Rising Stars participants will be sure to inspire each other and enjoy the rewards of making beautiful music together! Interested applicants should contact Gemini Piano trio as as soon as possible at email@example.com.
Saturday, July 13, 2019 7:30 PM
Gemini Piano Trio Summer Chamber Music Celebration - Fundraising Concert for the Gemini Piano Trio Chamber Workshop Scholarship
Monteabaro Recital Hall
Howard Community College
Horowitz Visual and Performing Arts Center
The Concert will feature the Gemini Piano Trio, GPTCW alumni, and participants performing works by Beethoven, Mozart, Brahms, Mendelssohn, Bizet, Schoenfield, Tchaikovsky, and more.
Thursday, July 11, 2019 7:30 PM
This event is NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.
Gemini Piano Trio Chamber Music Workshop Concert
Ticket Information (similar to a regular HCC concert price):
- General Admission: $18
- Seniors (60+)/Military: $12
- Students: $10 (Must present current student ID or course schedule)
** Purchase your ticket by midnight one week ahead of the concert (July 6, 2019) to receive the following prices:
Faculty Concert Advance Ticket Prices
- General Admission: $16
- Seniors (60+)/Military: $10
- Students: $7 (Must present current student ID or course schedule)
June 23, 2019 - July 13, 2019 Gemini Piano Trio Chamber Music Workshop
Gemini Piano Trio Chamber Music Workshop is open to a limit of ten pre-formed intermediate to advanced level groups preferably with performance-ready repertoire. Depending on the number enrolled, an audition may be held. Any Chamber Grouping! Bring your Duo, Trio, Quartet, or Quintet—Strings, Winds, or Brass—any instrument combinations OR any instrument with piano.
Basic 3 Week Workshop Fee is $370.00 Tuition + $40.00 Fee per person. This is an all-inclusive cost which includes three, one-hour coachings, one masterclass given by all member of the Gemini Piano Trio, and three chamber music seminars (including two webinars), and two concert performances. Other outreach performing opportunities may be offered.
For those who would like to participate in a second group, an additional discounted workshop fee of $192.00 Tuition + $16.00 Fee, per person is available.
All participants are required to participate in both performances and in at least one masterclass.
Interested pre-formed groups should contact Gemini Piano Trio at firstname.lastname@example.org . Individual instrumentalists without a pre-formed group must contact the Gemini Piano Trio by the inquiry deadline below or sooner to be put on a wait list to form a possible chamber group. Placement is not guaranteed; payment will not be required until placement is confirmed. All first-time participants must submit, via email or through YouTube, a digital audio or video recording of his/her playing ability, along with the completed registration form.
Please note the following important dates and registration information:
June 1, 2019 – Inquiry Deadline for Individual Applicants who do not have a group
- Deadline to submit digital recordings
June 1, 2019 – Registration Form & Required Electronic Documents Deadline
Click here to download the GPT Chamber Music Workshop Registration Form
Click here for sample bio/headshot
June 9, 2019 – Tuition Payment Deadline (if payment is not received in full by this date, participants will not be permitted to participate in the program)
Please submit all required documents listed below by May 15, 2019. Please save all required documents listed below into a SINGLE Zip folder clearly labeled with your name and UPLOAD this folder to the following Link by the above deadline: https://script.google.com/macros/s/AKfycbwA4nD2mmziLKBU8h7MXOZC6hRLZ961g403w_E9wosAnF56bYEL/exec
1) GPT Chamber Music Workshop Registration Form.
2) Your biography in WORD or Text (no more than 300 words) including information about your music education and performing experience. Please also include a biography of your chamber group, if any.
3) Your publicity headshot in formal or concert attire (at least 300 dpi). Please go to the GPT Workshop Webpage to view a sample headshot and bio.
Please note: your biography and pictures will only be used for publicity purposes associated with TMI and GPT Workshop program such as concert programs, concert videos, posters, fliers, brochures, and on TMI and Gemini Piano Trio websites (including Facebook and YouTube). If you have any concerns about the TMI/GPT publicity policy, please feel free to contact us.
4) A repertoire list of major solo or chamber pieces you have performed or worked on for the past two years.
5) *First-time participants ONLY, please submit a 5-10 minute video of two contrasting pieces best demonstrating your ability and level by May 5, 2019. You may submit via email or through a YouTube link, a digital audio or video recording file uploaded with your registration material.
*Featured Workshop Events*
~All events are held at the Horowitz Center for Visual and Performing Arts (HVPA) at Howard Community College in Columbia, MD, except the Vantage House Concert on July 11, 2019.~
- June 23, 2019 (Sat., 4:00 to 5:30 PM, HVPA 155/TBA) - Workshop Orientation and Seminar I - "Instrument Playing Techniques for Chamber Music - Sectional Master Class with GPT members" - Similar to a sectional, this seminar will workshop specific instrument techniquest (keyboard, strings, winds, etc.). You will learn about special chamber music techniques for your specific instrument and receive advice to overcome challenging sections in your parts.
- Seminar II (Webinar) - Planning for a Meaning and Enjoyable Chamber Music Performance Experience" - Learn about mindful performance planning and build individual and group confidence together. Other performance related topics will also be addressed.
- Seminar III (Webinar) - "Effective Listening and Chamber Music Rehearsal Strategies" - Learn how to listen and communicate effectively in rehearsals and devise a plan for practicing your parts individually and as a group.
- July 7, 2019 (Sun., 6:00 PM, MRH) – GPT Combined Masterclass I
- July 8, 2019 (Mon., 6:00 PM, MRH) – GPT Combined Masterclass II
- July 11, 2019 (Thur., 7:30 PM, Vantage House) – Outreach Concert
- July 13, 2019 (Sat., 7:30 PM, MRH) – Final Workshop Concert
Contact us or for more information:
- For GPT chamber workshop registration inquires, please contact GPT at email@example.com.
- To learn more about the Gemini Piano Trio, please visit their website at www.geminipianotrio.org
- For GPTCW/TMI billing, publicity, or administrative inquiries, please contact Mr. James Bailey at JBailey@howardcc.edu or call (443) 518-4297
"Music is a lifelong process, and we musicians must never miss an opportunity to get to know our art a little better. I am sure that most of us artists have discovered that there is always something new to learn. These seminars provide valuable opportunities to hear professionals share their well-presented and carefully thought out devices. One of the most important skills I learned was how to approach and maximize performances, and I still refer back to what I learned on a regular basis. I would encourage everyone to attend; you never know what more you can gain!"
- Deanna Pellerano, pianist
"I want to thank you three wonderful coaches for all your generous, kind and helpful suggestions and direction. . . I especially appreciate your positive and encouraging manner - something that helps your students to aspire to do better and better. . ."
- Carol B., violinist