Support the Arts
In 2016, the Peter and Elizabeth Horowitz Visual and Performing Arts Center celebrated a 10-year milestone as home of the college's Arts & Humanities Division, as well as the culture hub for Howard County and beyond. Over the past decade, the Horowitz Center has offered community members the opportunity to engage with the arts as patrons and as students:
- more than 360,000 patrons have attended events in the center’s three performance venues and two exhibit spaces;
- over 2,000 music, dance, and theatre performances and 90 art exhibits at the student and professional levels have been mounted;
- over 80,000 students have taken arts and humanities classes;
- 500 academic degrees and certificates have been awarded;
- 750 students have transferred on to 4-year colleges and universities.
The Horowitz Center sincerely thanks our dedicated patrons and generous donors whose contributions of time, talent, and funds have helped make this possible! To help us continue to bring quality programming and arts education to the community, please consider making a contribution through the Howard Community College Educational Foundation to a designated arts and humanities student scholarship/endowment or to our following resident performance groups. Thank you for supporting the arts at HCC!
Music Concert Series
HCC's Music Concert Series brings high-quality programming to you at an affordable ticket price. Music continues to play a significant role in the progress of civilization, uplifting people, helping to build the character of people and telling stories of the nations. The cost for great music is high, yet the elevation of one’s mind and spirit is priceless.