Attending the theater will be a positive experience for everyone if you observe a few simple courtesies:
- Plan to arrive at least 30-40 minutes prior to showtime. Parking is free, but during the week, it may be limited while classes are session. The West Parking Garage is the closest parking for the Horowitz Center.
- If you arrive after the show has started, the House Manager will bring you into the theatre at the designated late seating times, if it is possible. You may be asked to sit in different seat than you were assigned in order to cause the least amount of disruption to the actors and audience members.
- Turn off and put away all electronic devices prior to entering the theater.
- Taking photographs and video recording in the theater is strictly prohibited.
- Do not place your feet on the seat in front of you.
- The actors onstage can see and hear the audience just as well as the audience can see and hear them. Please refrain from talking or moving around during the performance as it can be distracting to the actors, as well as to other audience members.
- Feel free to respond to the action of the play through appropriate laughter and applause. The actors enjoy this type of communication from the audience!
- Have fun! Attending theater should be an enjoyable experience.