Horowitz Center Patron Safety
The college’s top priority remains the health, safety, and well-being of the college community. This includes the staff, students, artists, and patrons who participate in events presented in the Horowitz Center. Below you'll find information about what you can expect when you attend an exhibit or performance in the Horowitz Center this season. Please revisit this page before attending each event as regulations may have changed. To View HCC's Full Return to Campus Plan, visit www.howardcc.edu/coronavirus.
Face Mask Requirements:
- Face masks are encouraged in Horowitz Center venues.
Venue Capacity and Distancing:
- There are no capacity restrictions on gatherings in our venues.
- Presenters may opt to practice social distancing; please refer to event information and signage on site for details.
- Patrons are not required to show proof of vaccination.
- Howard Community College employees are required to provide proof of vaccination or weekly negative test result.
- For detailed information on campus-wide vaccination requirements, please visit www.howardcc.edu/coronavirus.
Box Office and Concessions:
- The Box Office is open for in-person and over-the-phone ticket purchases on Wednesdays - Fridays from 12:00-4:00p.m. Contactless purchasing is preferred. Additional operating hours may be added throughout the season and announced here as well as on our Facebook page.
- Online ticket sales are available 24/7.
- E-tickets, also known as print-at-home tickets, are preferred. These tickets can be scanned through a contactless transaction either on your phone or on a paper you print at home.
- The box office will be open 90 minutes prior to showtimes for last-minute purchases and to assist those who need will call tickets.
- Concessions are not being offered at this time.
What’s New on Campus to Protect You:
- The campus is fortunate to have modern Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) equipment installed and in excellent condition. The system provides Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value (MERV) 13 filtration, an average of six air changes in a room per hour, and is controlled by a central building automation system. The HVAC systems are now always providing a minimum of 30% OA campus wide, constantly exhausting 30% of the air to the outside while bringing in an equivalent amount of fresh air into the building.
- Hand-sanitizer dispensers are available in all buildings, common areas, and high traffic areas.
- HCC Facilities staff clean, disinfect, and sanitize frequently touched objects and surfaces in public and common areas at regular intervals.
- Any positive COVID-19 test results, possible exposures, or other concerns must be reported immediately to EOP@howardcc.edu . All reports are confidential.
- The college has purchased UV technology to help disinfect areas.
Remember to follow COVID safety practices to protect yourself and others:
- Complete a daily health self-assessment
- Consider wearing a face covering in high-density areas
- Wash hands thoroughly and frequently
- Maintain physical distancing when possible
- Get vaccinated