Horowitz Center Patron Safety
The college’s top priority remains the health, safety, and well-being of the college community. This includes the staff, students, artists, and patrons who participate in events presented in the Horowitz Center. Below you'll find information about what you can expect when you attend an exhibit or performance in the Horowitz Center this season. Please revisit this page before attending each event as regulations may have changed. To View HCC's Full Return to Campus Plan, visit www.howardcc.edu/coronavirus.
Venue Capacity and Distancing:
- As of August 2021, the Horowitz Center is operating at full capacity. Presenters may opt to practice social distancing; please refer to event information and signage on site for details.
Face Mask Requirements:
- Face masks are required of students, employees, and audience members indoors, regardless of vaccination status. Presenters and performers are not required to wear face masks on stage.
- Face masks are not required for outdoor events.
Box Office and Concessions:
- The Box Office is open for in-person and over-the-phone ticket purchases on Wednesdays and Fridays from 12-2p.m. Contactless purchasing is preferred. Additional operating hours may be added throughout the season and announced here as well as on our Facebook page.
- Online ticket sales are available 24/7.
- E-tickets, also known as print-at-home tickets, are preferred. These tickets can be scanned through a contactless transaction either on your phone or on a paper you print at home.
- The box office will be open 90 minutes prior to showtimes for last-minute purchases and to assist those who need will call tickets.
- Concessions are not being offered at this time.
What’s New on Campus to Protect You:
- Available fixtures have been reduced in all restrooms to accommodate physical distancing but will be at full capacity once social distance requirements are eliminated.
- Hand-sanitizer dispensers are available in all buildings, common areas, and high traffic areas.
- HCC Facilities staff will clean, disinfect, and sanitize frequently touched objects and surfaces in public and common areas at regular intervals.
- Any positive COVID-19 test results, possible exposures, or other concerns must be reported immediately to EOP@howardcc.edu . All reports are confidential.
- Quarantine is required for 10 days for any positive COVID-19 test or possible exposure, unless fully vaccinated.
Remember to follow COVID safety practices to protect yourself and others:
- Complete a daily health self-assessment
- Wear a face covering indoors
- Wash hands thoroughly and frequently
- Maintain physical distancing where required
- Participate in contact tracing and testing
- Get vaccinated if eligible