Columbia Festival of the Arts: Film Shorts Schedule - Block I
FILM SHORTS SCHEDULE - BLOCK 1
Some of the hottest new short films are part of the Columbia Film Festival! The following selection of five (5) films [79 mins total running time] are available for an individual ticket to this Film Shorts Schedule - Block I. (Film Festival Season Pass Holders do not need a separate ticket.) Buy a Columbia Film Festival PLATINUM All Film Pass ($55) for the entire three (3) days, June 27-29, 2019. A FRIDAY ALL ACCESS DAY PASS is available for $35, unlimited films (as noted) and events on Friday, June 28th.
- PANIC ATTACK! (3 min) is a hand-drawn animation from the point of view of a woman having a panic attack. I wanted the transitions between reality and her imagined fears to be seamless, so there are no edits -- it is one continually transforming drawing. Do you ever wonder "did I leave the coffee on?" or "am I pregnant with a devil-baby?” This hand-drawn animation explores anxiety, obsession, and one woman’s slippery hold on reality.
- FOUR CORNERS (24 mins) Distraught to learn that there is nowhere else in the world left to discover, accomplished explorer Nathaniel J. Lockwood frantically seeks new direction in his life. This is a riotous tale about science, discovery, and what happens after all the edges of the map have been filled in; a historical comedy that entertains in ways that one might not experience with a typical adventure film. So, grab your pith helmet, polish your spyglass, and get ready to journey back with us to the 1930s as we discover the consequence of dreams, the importance of relationships, and the value of storytelling.
- Based on a true story, SAC DE MERDE (13.5 mins) tells the tale of Mazel Mankewicz, an unlucky-in-love yet irrationally optimistic New Yorker who thinks her luck has changed when she spends the night with the man of her dreams. As it turns out, he might just be full of shit. Literally.
- THE TRACKER (23 mins) - A modern day tracker with unusual abilities, AJ McLean is hired by women to find the men who have suddenly and inexplicably disappeared on them. When her latest client asks to come along on the search, AJ is game—but no-nonsense Carrie Williams may just find more than she bargained for.
- EL PESCADOR "THE FISHERMAN" (22 mins) - In an era of environmental crisis, a policeman from a faraway town in northern Peru has finally decided to retire and become a fisherman like his father used to be. However, his patience and morals are tested as he is forced to cover up the negligence of a local company that contaminates the ocean pushing him to decide between conforming and retiring with a sick ocean, or fighting for his principles and protecting his future source. [Spanish with subtitles]
Columbia Film Festival is brought to you by the support of our event Title Sponsor Anchor Construction Corporation.
*Please note: The Horowitz Center Box Office DOES NOT reserve/sell tickets for the Columbia Festival of the Arts. Visit https://www.columbiafestival.org/ for ticket sales and other information. Columbia Festival staff will be on-site the day of each event for will/ticket sales.
10475 Little Patuxent Parkway
The Farmhouse at Merriweather
Columbia, MD 21044