A Workshop Production of an Original Comedy
Written and Directed by Daniel Johnston
FRI, MARCH 11 & SAT, MARCH 12, 2016
8:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. (Includes one intermission)
HCC's Arts Collective proudly announces its premiere of HOUSE. by presenting a two-night-only workshop production of the original comedy written and directed by Daniel Johnston.
Live audiences are invited to follow the triumphs and eliminations of ten uniquely determined and equally deserving contestants on TV's hottest new reality show “House.” Morality and integrity are dashed as the numbers dwindle and the Grand Prize (A Million Dollars!) inches closer. Friendships bloom and shatter as girls compete against boys – who will be targeted or saved? Don’t miss America’s premiere of House.
View DC Metro Theater Arts HOUSE. Reviews & "Behind the Scenes" Interviews/ Reports with the Playwright/Director and Actors here!
Images from House.'s Process (on & off the stage): Photo Albums on Facebook here!
Special Event: Join us for a lively Post-Show Discussion with the creatives and cast following Saturday’s March 12th performance!
TICKETS: $10 - $15
-$10: Seniors, Military, Groups, all Students with I.D and $15: General admission
-Seating is limited; purchasing tickets in advance is recommended.
-Buy Tickets Now: Call the Box Office at 443-518-1500, or Buy ONLINE: (click here)!
-Note: Parental guidance suggested. Recommended age is 12 and up.
DIRECTIONS & PARKING:
-Driving Directions: HCC, 10901 Little Patuxent Pkwy, Columbia, MD 21044
-Building Map, Finding Horowitz Center Studio Theatre
-Parking: West Garage is recommended.
(Photo Credit: St. Johnn Blondell)
THE CAST of HOUSE.:
Onyx Stone, Host -- Colin Riley
Pearl Stone, Host -- Taylor Purnell
Lucy Gray, Contestant -- Courtney Branch
Christine Greene, Contestant -- Sierra Young
Elaine Hoover, Contestant -- Chaseedaw Giles
Michael Mandrakes, Contestant -- Brandon Furr
Carlos Morales, Contestant -- Wesley LeRoux
Liston Rhodes, Contestant -- Christian Preziosi
Fatima Shah, Contestant -- Iris Shih
Micky Stockwell, Contestant -- Warren Harris
Andrea Thomas, Contestant -- Gabrielle Amaro
Peter Vines, Contestant -- Thomas Matera
HOUSE. "TV Crew”:
Hair & Make-Up -- Jordan Colea
Camera Man -- Alex Becker
Playwright and Director: Daniel Johnston
Stage Manager: Shannon Willing
Assistant Stage Manager: Linwood Milan
Production Assistant: Chania Hudson
Light Design: Eric Moore
Set, Props, Costumes, Sound, Music: The Cast and Crew
Illustration by: Emma K. McDonnell
Photography by: S.G. Kramer, Shannon Willing, St. Johnn Blondell
DC Metro Theater Arts - HOUSE. REVIEWS & "Behind the Scenes" Interview Series with the Playwright/Director, Cast & Crew:
- REVIEW #1: "'House.' is a very funny satire with sharp and witty dialogue, clear and recognizable characters and enough mystery to keep the audience on edge...The actors compliment each other perfectly thus creating a unit that blends like ingredients in fine pastry...Hopefully, Daniel Johnston will find other venues for this very funny script." Susan Brall, DCMetroTheaterArts
- REVIEW #2: "For Johnston, who co-directs Arts Collective’s What Improv Group, this is both the first play that has been produced and the first he’s directed. Hopefully, it will not be his last in either category, as House. is skillfully scripted and helmed, successfully breathing life into what could have been stock reality show archetypes...That is one of the surprise gifts of House.: Each of these characters emerges as an actual multilayered person, even the ones that don’t stay on the show long...There will be future productions, won’t there, Mr. Johnston?" Kay-Megan Washington, DCMetroTheaterArts
- Behind the Scenes PART ONE: Meet the Playwright and Director Daniel Johnston
- Behind the Scenes PART TWO: Meet Gabrielle Amaro, Alex Becker, Courtney Branch, Jordan Colea
- Behind the Scenes PART THREE: Meet Brandon Furr, Chaseedaw Giles, Warren Harris, Wesley LeRoux
- Behind the Scenes PART FOUR: Meet Actors: Thomas Matera, Christian Preziosi, Taylor Purnell and Crew Member: Chania Hudson
- Behind the Scenes PART FIVE: Meet Actors: Colin Riley, Iris Shih, Sierra Young
About the Playwright and Director: Daniel Johnston
House. is Johnston’s first play to receive a workshop production as well as the first play he’s directed. He has been writing prose as well as scripts for the stage and film for the past 8 years – most notable is his horror screenplay Blight, a film which was shot in 2012 and is currently in development/ pre-production, as well as his most prized short story, The Stalker. Directing credits include Arts Collective’s “What Improv Group?!?! (W.I.G.) co-directed with S.G. Kramer since 2014, which Johnston has performed with since its inception (2008). He has also performed on stage in numerous other productions with Arts Collective such as A Christmas Carol, Peter Pan, Angels in America, Dracula and A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. Most recently, he took on three roles in AC’s satire Eat the Runt. In the future, Johnston plans to get back to writing, and hopes House. will help him make a name for himself as an author and playwright.
Parental Guidance Note: Recommended age is 12 and up.
|General Admission: $15|
Seniors (60+) / Military: $10
Students with ID: $10
|Group Pricing (6+): $10||Buy Tickets|