Skip Navigation

Return to Campus Information ››

College Offices Closed Tuesday, Aug. 16
The continuing education office in the Hickory Ridge Building will remain open to support the Kids on Campus program, which will continue as scheduled. Please use the website to apply and register for fall classes. 
HCC Main Campus
10901 Little Patuxent Parkway
Columbia MD, 21044
Laurel College Center
312 Marshall Avenue, Suite 205
Laurel, MD 20707
Training & Development Solution
Maryland Innovation Center
6751 Columbia Gateway Drive
Columbia MD 21046
Take a Virtual Tour
Take an interactive look at HCC's campus

Employee Information

Important: please review these links if you are ill with Covid-19.

  • Adjunct, Temporary, or Additional Assignment Contracts

    Adjunct credit and noncredit contracts issued for payment of wages should be emailed to Human Resources folder, with Attn: Michele Lewis in the subject line.
    Temporary and Additional Assignment contracts issued for payment of wages should be emailed to Human Resources folder, with Attn: Portia Logan in the subject line.
  • Employee Assistance Program

    What resources are available to me via the Employee Assistance Program?

    Employee Assistance Program

    All full-time staff and faculty, and part-time budget employees can receive support through the employee assistance program (EAP). The EAP is managed through BHS. Resources include guidance on managing anxiety while working remotely and working from home with kids. In addition, BHS is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week If you need to speak with someone, call 800-327-2251.

    Aetna and Kaiser

    We encourage employees to create online accounts with Aetna or Kaiser to take advantage of telemedicine services, COVID-19-related information and other online services. Visit or to create an account and/or access online resources. If you do not know your member ID, you can use your SSN to create an account.

  • Employee Helping Hands Fund

    The Employee Helping Hands Fund assists employees with daily living expenses during times of financial need. If you or someone you know at HCC requires this type of monetary assistance, please have them contact members of the human resources office (443-518-1100) to begin the process. Employees may also request assistance by submitting a helping hands fund application form, which is available on the portal, to the office of human resources. All requests are confidential.

    Employees eligible to participate include full- and part-time budgeted employees regardless of service time, and adjunct faculty and temporary employees with at least five years of service. Exceptions to the eligibility requirements may only be made with approval from the president or vice president.

    Human resources personnel will review the information after receipt of the formal written request. Please be advised that the request may be approved for the amount requested, approved for a different amount, or denied. If approved, a check will be mailed within two to five working days of the request.

  • Leave Balance and High Risk

    What if I am considered at high risk for exposure? 

    • If you are an employee that is at higher risk for serious illness because of age or a serious long-term health issue and are concerned about your safety, please contact Andrea Black ( or Joseph Pettiford ( for guidance. 

    What do I do if I am running out of leave?  

    • If you are sick or need to care for a sick family member (as defined by the college's Sick and Disability Leave or Absence Procedure 63.08.14) and have exhausted all forms of earned leave (sick, vacation, personal), the college will consider advancing up to 10 days of sick leave. This leave must be repaid when you return to work, over a period of time. If you leave employment prior to repayment, your last paycheck will be adjusted accordingly.  
    • For approval of advanced sick leave, submit the Leave Request form to Andrea Black at Immediate supervisors may submit an email to Andrea with the request form attached, authorizing such. 
  • Life Events or a Family Member Impact

    What if I have a life event or a family member has a loss of a job that impacts me or one of my dependents’ medical coverage?

    If you have a life event that impacts your healthcare coverage or that of a family dependent, regardless of household arrangements, immediately contact Human Resources, Natasha Gray, benefits manager at for guidance.

  • Self-quarantine

    What if a person living in the same household is on self-quarantine? Do I have to stay home as well?

    Please see the college's current protocols on what to do regarding exposure to COVID-19.

    Questions? Contact Human Resources at

  • Technology Resources

    What technology resources are available for working remotely?

    • Resources for working remotely.
    • If an employee begins teleworking and does not have a current, approved telework application on file, the employee can submit a telework application to their immediate supervisor. The form will need to be electronically approved before an employee can begin teleworking. If an employee has already submitted an approved telework application and will be temporarily adjusting their telework schedule, a new application is not needed. 
  • Technology Service Center
    With remote teaching and working, many of us will be working flexible schedules. Please understand that the Technology Service Center is only available to help during their operating hours. The hours are Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m.–11 p.m.; Friday, 8 a.m.–10 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.; and Sunday, 1–10 p.m. The Technology Service Center is not 24 hours a day.  
  • Timesheets

    How do I complete timesheets?

    For hours worked via teleworking, please mark the telework column.

    Hourly Employees 

    For hourly employees who are working, please continue to submit your hours online through MyHCC.

    Budgeted Employees

    Budgeted employees who are on monthly timesheets should submit leave through the Self-Service system. For employees on the bimonthly timesheets, please continue to submit these files to your supervisor who will approve and submit them to the payroll department.

    • For any time worked at home, those hours should be documented in the telework column. There is no need to mark anything in the notes or other column.
    • If you are taking vacation, sick, or personal leave, use the appropriate column.
    • Any combination of telework or leave is acceptable if the combination of leave is used within the same day.

    Once supervisors have reviewed and approved, they can email the form with their approval to the payroll email address at

    Any questions on how to submit your time should be addressed to Birgit Von Koll or Debbie Gubisch


Giving makes a difference! Your support helps students along their pathways to success.