Return to Campus Information
The Howard Community College campus will begin to transition to full operations starting on June 2. All campus buildings will be open and offices will have in-person hours to serve students, employees, and the public.
The college plans to be fully operational by the start of the fall semester on August 28. Classes will be offered with four different course formats: face-to-face, hybrid, scheduled remote, and flexible online.
The college’s top priority remains the health, safety, and well-being of students, faculty, and staff. Stay aware of the latest information and communications using the links below.
What You Need to Know:
- Face coverings will continue to be required on campus. Starting June 2, masks can be removed in outdoor spaces.
- The college will continue to evaluate operational status using established COVID-19 metrics and critical indicators to determine if a return to a remote environment is needed.
- The COVID-19 vaccination is highly encouraged, but will not be required at HCC.
- Everyone is expected to conduct their own daily health assessment.
- By June 2, 2021, physical distancing requirements will be reduced to three feet, following CDC guidance.
- Face coverings will be required while indoors on campus. Noncompliance by students during class or inside building common areas could result in disciplinary action.
- Each office, department, and division will be setting hours to ensure coverage to assist students. Appointments are preferred, check hours and specific information here.
- Circumstances that may prevent you from returning to work in-person should be discussed with Human Resources.
- Teleworking will be determined in consultation with supervisors and with the expectation that offices, departments, and divisions will provide accessibility and availability to students, other employees, and the public.
Health and Safety Guidelines for Visiting Campus
- Practice good hygiene, including frequent hand washing.
- Observe all posted signage on campus, including restrictions on seating and occupancy limits in restrooms and elevators.
- If you are sick with COVID-19, please follow these protocols.
- Sign up for mobile alerts for latest updates
- Contact HCC about COVID-19 at email@example.com.
- More information about the college's efforts to maintain a safe and healthy environment is available in the recovery and reopening plan.
- For information on the county's vaccine clinic, please visit their Howard County Covid-19 vaccination clinic page.