Coronavirus Information Page
Campus access is restricted to students who are taking hybrid classes or have an appointment, and authorized faculty and staff.
- The college is operating in modified Level Three of its Recovery and Reopening Plan, which is available for viewing on the web.
- The HCC public health dashboard provides timely information about the prevalence of COVID-19 within our main campus, based on Health Department data and self-reported data.
Health and Safety Guidelines for Visiting Campus
Access to campus remains restricted to authorized employees and students who have appointments, labs, or classes.
Before coming to campus, fill out the COVID-19 Health Screening Form. You must complete this form every day you are coming to campus, and it must be completed on the same day of your visit.
Students are to enter through these entrances to be screened by security. Staff should be prepared to show their ID, but may use any building entrance. Once students go through the checkpoint, they will get a wristband to wear to indicate that they were screened for the day. Employees should have their ID on display.
All students, faculty, and staff on campus must wear face coverings. Since face coverings are required in public by state guidelines, it is expected that members of the college community will have their own face coverings.
- Social distance with a minimum of six-feet separation.
- Practice good hygiene, including frequent hand washing.
- Observe all posted signage on campus, including restrictions on seating and occupancy limits in restrooms and elevators.
- If you are sick with Covid-19, please follow these protocols.
- Registration is now open for all students for both the winter and spring terms. The schedule for both terms is available for viewing online and in Student Planning. To start the application and enrollment process, visit the admissions page. Explore class offerings, and find out how you can keep learning at HCC.
- Classes are offered in a blended learning environment, with three different formats for classes:
Learn both in person and online. These are courses that have been approved for some amount of face-to-face instruction on campus. When on campus, all students and employees must wear face coverings at all times.
There will continue to be a limited number of hybrid courses that offer some amount of face-to-face instruction on campus, but the college is expanding its offerings to encourage labs and other hands-on opportunities for students. In the schedule of classes, hybrid courses have a C designator (i.e., DHYG-111-C301) and the location is being listed as Main Campus.
Scheduled RemoteMeet at designated times in an online classroom. These courses will meet in real time, and at the times listed in the class schedule. Courses will be listed as Scheduled Zoom, Scheduled Blackboard, or Scheduled Canvas in the class schedule.
Flexible Online LearningStudy on your own time. These courses may or may not use Zoom, and recorded lectures are posted for students to watch on their own time. These courses still have due dates. Courses are listed in the schedule as Online.
- Sign up for mobile alerts for latest updates
- Contact HCC about COVID-19 at email@example.com.
- More information about the college's efforts to maintain a safe and healthy environment is available in the recovery and reopening plan on the portal, or on the web version.
The college recommends the following resources for general information about health, safety, travel, and other concerns related to the coronavirus pandemic.