Return to Campus Information
The Howard Community College campus and its buildings are open, and masks are required indoors. Offices have in-person hours to serve students, employees, and the public. Check hours and specific information here.
The college’s top priority remains the health, safety, and well-being of students, faculty, and staff. Stay aware of the latest information and communications using the links below.
What You Need to Know:
- Masks are required and must be worn indoors in any college building or facility. Masks are not required outdoors, in private offices, or eating while seated in the Café on the Quad. If there are concerns about compliance, contact public safety. Any other questions about face coverings should go to EOP@howardcc.edu.
- The COVID-19 vaccination is strongly recommended. They are currently required for special cohorts, including health sciences students and faculty due to clinicals, and student athletes/coaches for intercollegiate sports.
- Everyone is expected to conduct their own daily health assessment. Any positive COVID-19 test results, possible exposures, or other concerns should be reported immediately to EOP@howardcc.edu. All reports are confidential.
- Indoor and outdoor physical distancing, as well as gathering and group size restrictions, have been lifted. For vulnerable populations and unvaccinated individuals, a distance of three feet is recommended.
- Faculty, staff, and students should wipe in and wipe out to keep their areas sanitized. This is recommended for classrooms, laboratories, and shared spaces. The office of information technology recommends using alcohol-based cleaning wipes with at least 70%+ isopropyl alcohol and no bleach base for technology.
- The college will continue to evaluate operational status using established COVID-19 metrics and critical indicators to determine if a return to a remote environment is needed.
- Face coverings will be required while indoors on campus. Noncompliance by students during class or inside building common areas could result in disciplinary action.
- Offices, departments, and divisions will be available in person to assist; virtual hours may also be available. Check hours and specific information here.
- Circumstances that may prevent you from returning to work in-person should be discussed with Human Resources.
- Teleworking will be determined in consultation with supervisors and with the expectation that offices, departments, and divisions will provide accessibility and availability to students, other employees, and the public. Teleworking options are available for eligible staff and faculty residing in the states of Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and the District of Columbia. Employees will need to submit a Telework Agreement to their supervisor for consideration.
Health and Safety Guidelines for Visiting Campus
- Practice good hygiene, including frequent hand washing.
- Observe all posted signage on campus, including restrictions on seating and occupancy limits in restrooms and elevators.
- If you are sick with COVID-19, please follow these protocols.
- Sign up for mobile alerts for latest updates
- Contact HCC about COVID-19 at email@example.com.
- More information about the college's efforts to maintain a safe and healthy environment is available in the recovery and reopening plan.
- For information on the county's vaccine clinic, please visit their Howard County Covid-19 vaccination clinic page.