Return to Campus Information
The Howard Community College campus and its buildings are open, and masks are optional indoors. Offices have in-person hours to serve students, employees, and the public. Check hours and specific information here.
The college’s top priority remains the health, safety, and well-being of students, faculty, and staff. Stay aware of the latest information and communications using the links below.
What You Need to Know
- Masks are optional. More information about this decision is available in the president’s communications dated March 9, 2022, here.
- Practice the following guidelines:
- Face masks are recommended as a precautionary measure against COVID-19 and other illnesses.
- Since HCC is mask optional, any student, faculty, staff, or visitor may choose to wear a mask and should feel comfortable doing so.
- Be respectful of one another. Wear a mask if you are requested to do so in certain settings.
- Consider wearing a mask in high-density areas such as classrooms, labs, performance spaces, and small group settings.
COVID-19 vaccination requirements will continue for the following employees and students:
- student athletes
- students and employees participating in health sciences clinical courses
- students and employees participating in study abroad programs
- students and employees participating in theatre performances where there is a production requirement for vaccination or testing
For those students who are required to be vaccinated, they will need to provide proof of vaccination through the Azova system or get weekly PCR tests on campus or a testing site of their choice.
The college’s vaccination and testing collection portal site, Azova, will remain available to support employees and students in managing vaccination and testing records. The college also has a stock of at-home PCR testing kits available. To request a free kit, log on to the college’s dedicated Azova site, then choose the “schedule test or pick up home test” option and follow the instructions. You can pick up your test kit in McCuan Hall Room 258 at your designated appointment time.
Additional Health Guidelines
- Continue to practice good hygiene with frequent hand washing.
- Continue to conduct your own daily health assessment. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, get tested. Report positive test results, possible exposures or concerns to EOP@howardcc.edu.
- Please follow these protocols for COVID-19 exposures and positive tests.
- If you test positive with COVID-19, do not come to campus or enter campus buildings. Contact the college's Emergency Operations Team at email@example.com.
- Remember anyone with symptoms, a positive test, or exposure to COVID-19 should be masked at all times.
Health and Safety Guidelines for Visiting Campus
- Practice good hygiene, including frequent hand washing.
- Observe all posted signage on campus, including restrictions on seating and occupancy limits in restrooms and elevators.
- If you are sick with COVID-19, do not come to campus or enter campus buildings. Please follow these protocols.
- Contact HCC about COVID-19 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- More information about the college's latest protocols for maintaining a safe and healthy environment is available here.
- Sign up for mobile alerts for the latest emergency updates.
- For information on the county's vaccinations, please visit their Howard County Covid-19 vaccination clinic page.