Work Study/Internship Program
A smart way to help pay for your college education and gain work experience.
The work-study program offers HCC students part-time jobs in-person and online opportunities with flexible hours and competitive wages that are earned throughout the academic year. The program also provides students with the opportunity to gain valuable work experience and marketable skills. Students are paid for hours worked on a semi-monthly basis. The hourly funds earned do not directly reduce the cost of tuition and fees and are not directly credited to the student's account. At the discretion of the student, earnings can be used to pay any outstanding balance to the college. Forward all work-study related questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Financial Aid Services has partnered with Counseling and Career Services to offer internships to the college community. To view eligible positions, click on the Internship tab below.
- Apply for financial aid at studentaid.gov - Answer "yes" when asked if you are interested in participating in work-study.
- College work-study funds are automatically awarded to all eligible students and are listed on the HCC award notice. View award notice on myHCC.
- Funds are a limited resource and students are placed on a first come first serve basis. Contact Financial Aid Services if you were not awarded college work-study but are interested in applying for the program.
- Log into FA Self-Service, select "Required Documents", and print the "Work-Study Hiring Form"
- View available positions on the Job Board
- Contact the assigned supervisor to schedule an interview
- New Students- ·complete the HR Hiring Packet and Background Check
- Return the Confidentiality Agreement Form and FWS Hiring Form to Financial Aid Services