A smart way to help pay for your college education and gain work experience.
The work-study program offers HCC students part-time job opportunities with flexible hours and competitive wages that are earned throughout the academic year. The program also provides students with the opportunity to gain valuable work experience and marketable skills. Students are paid for hours worked on a semi-monthly basis. The hourly funds earned do not directly reduce the cost of tuition and fees and are not directly credited to the student's account. At the discretion of the student, earnings can be used to pay any outstanding balance to the college. Forward all work-study related questions to email@example.com.
Applying for College Work-Study funding:
- Apply for financial aid at www.fafsa.gov. - Answer "yes" when asked if you are interested in participating in work-study.
- College work-study funds are automatically awarded to all eligible students and are listed on the HCC award notice. View award notice on myHCC.
- Funds are a limited resource and students are placed on a first come first serve basis. Contact Financial Aid Services if you were not awarded college work-study but are interested in applying for the program.
- Log into FA Self-Service, select "Required Documents", and print the "Work-Study Hiring Form"
- View available positions on the Job Board
- Contact the assigned supervisor to schedule an interview
- New Students- complete the HR Hiring Packet
- Return ALL forms to Financial Aid Services
Additional part-time employment opportunities may be available at HCC through Human Resources. Additional application processes apply. Interested students should select Employment Opportunities on HCC's Human Resources web page.