Nursing and Allied Health
HCC's Test Center administers the HESI Clinical Nursing Admissions Assessment (A2) and the LPN to RN Mobility Exam to current students wishing to enroll in our nursing and allied health programs. Nursing candidates are strongly encouraged to visit the Nursing and Allied Health websites for detailed and specific requirements for individual programs. Below, you can find helpful information about the HESI Clinical Nursing Admissions Assessment (A2) and LPN to RN Mobility exams.
Registration dates are now open for August, September, October and November.
Nursing Testing Announcement
Students can now register for to take the HESI A2 or LPN to RN Mobility Exams on campus. Once approved by the Allied Health Team in Admissions and Advising, students will receive instructions via email with more information about how to schedule tests through RegisterBlast.
Click here to register for on-campus HESI A2 or LPN to RN Mobility Exams.
Please note: Prometric testing is still an option for testing. Click on the tab below for more information about the process.
What to ExpectView this presentation on what to expect for testing procedures.
Prometric Testing Information
Prometric has reopened some locations. If you want to test at a Prometric location, you MUST COMPLETE THE REQUEST FORM FIRST.
- While you can visit the Prometric or Elsevier website to get more information about distance or Prometric testing, please note you will not be able to complete the process until you are approved. Approval is only received when a Test Center representative submits your request.
- The Department ID for HCC is 201687, however please note you will not be able to register at a Prometric location until a Test Center representative has submitted your request.
Please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- HCC Student ID
- First, Middle Initial, and Last Name
- Phone Number
- Evolve ID (username)
- Email associated with Evolve Account
If you require accommodations, please email email@example.com so we can provide the additional required form
HESI Clinical Nursing Admissions Assessment (A2)
The HESI Clinical Nursing Admissions Assessment (A2) is required for admission into the Accelerated, Traditional and LPN nursing programs. It is a computer-based exam through HESIINET (requiring an Evolve Account) that tests English, math and science knowledge. All Nursing candidates have five hours to complete the assessment. Please contact Admissions and Advising for more information regarding passing score requirements for admission into the Nursing program.
To register for on-campus testing, click here.
For information about testing at a Prometric location, click here.
Before Taking the HESI Nursing Admissions Assessment (A2)
- All candidates must register and pay for the HESI Nursing Admissions Assessment (A2). Get more information.
- All candidates MUST set up an Evolve Account before testing. Review step-by-step instructions. If you already have an account, please make sure to bring that information.
- Study guide material is available in the bookstore; if you would like to use study material while on campus, the HCC Library has reference material available for on-campus use only.
- Click here to learn more about what to expect on your test day.
On Exam Day
- The A2 will be held in either RCF359 or RCF366- signs will be posted to direct you to the correct testing location.
- The Test Center will provide all materials needed to complete your exam: simple calculator, scrap paper, and pencils.
- Make sure you bring a current photo ID and your Evolve account information.
- The Test Center will admit A2 candidates from 8:15-9:15 AM during weekday testing. If you arrive after 9:15 AM, you may need to reschedule your exam.
After Completing the HESI Clinical Nursing Admissions Assessment (A2)
- Test Center staff members highly recommend you meet with a nursing advisor if you do not pass your exam or if you have additional questions pertaining to the nursing program at HCC. Advisors will go over your test results. Instructions regarding your next steps will be sent to your HCC email account after testing.
- Evolve has wonderful study material available to candidates. These resources allow the creation of individualized study packets to help a candidate review topics to help increase knowledge before retesting or beginning a nursing program.
The LPN to RN Mobility Exam
The LPN to RN Mobility Exam is an assessment that practicing LPN candidates take if they would like to transition into HCC's Pathways nursing programs. It is a computer-based exam through HESIINET (requiring an Evolve Account) that covers the following topics:
- Basic fundamentals
- Psychiatric nursing
Candidates have three hours to take the assessment. Candidates must receive a 750 or 70% to successfully meet admission requirements.
Before Taking LPN to RN Mobility Exam
- All candidates must register and pay for the LPN to RN Mobility exam. Get more information.
- You must set up an Evolve account before testing. Review step-by-step instructions. If you already have an account, please make sure to bring that information.
- You must contact an Allied Health Advisor to set up an appointment time to take the LPN to RN Mobility exam.
- LPN to RN candidates are highly encouraged to review NCLEX-PN materials before testing, as there are a number of topics covered that you may not encounter each day as a practicing LPN. There are no study guides currently available for this exam.
- A Test Center representative will contact you to set up and confirm an appointment time for your LPN to RN Mobility exam.
- Watch the HESI Mobility PowerPoint presentation to learn more about what to expect on your test day.
On Exam Day
- The LPN to RN Mobility exam will be held in either RCF359 or RCF366- Test Center staff will assist you in locating the correct testing location.
- Make sure to bring a current photo ID and your Evolve account information with you on exam day.
- The Test Center will provide all materials needed: a simple calculator, scrap paper and pencils.
After Completing LPN to RN Mobility Exam
- Test Center staff highly recommend that you meet with a nursing advisor if you do not pass your exam or if you have additional questions pertaining to your nursing program. Advisors will go over your test results and let you know what to expect next.
- Study materials, as well as a detailed copy of your score report will be available through your Evolve account. A Test Center representative will contact you when this information and additional resources are available.