GED (Pearson VUE)
Everything you need to know about testing to earn a high school diploma.
It's never too late to earn your Maryland high school diploma, and Howard Community College can help get you there with courses, practice tests and the administration of the test through the Test Center.
Courses and Practice Tests:
- Howard Community College offers a variety of courses at different levels to improve your math, reading, and writing skills to prepare for taking the GED exam to earn your high school diploma.
- While each student's path is unique, we are committed to working with you for the duration of time it takes for you to reach your goal.
- We also offer GED practice tests through our Continuing Education high school programs.
- To start on your path toward a high school diploma, set up an account with the GED Testing Service.
- Remember to write down your GED ID number!
- Log into your account to schedule and pay for your exam.
- Your GED account will provide you with access to your score reports.
- Please note that the Maryland GED requires a Maryland State ID or Maryland Driver's License (no other state ID, Driver's License or passport is accepted per the Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation)
- After you have successfully earned your Maryland high school diploma, you can receive a transcript through the Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation.
- There is a $15 fee for each transcript.
Successful GED Recipients:
- Congratulations on earning your GED! Consider taking your next step on your educational pathway at HCC.
- Find out how Howard Community College can get you on your path toward a college degree.