Faculty Information and Resources
Faculty Information for Using the Test Center
Professors can submit exams to the Test Center at any time for their students via their division office delivery, email, or personal delivery. No appointments are required for students using the services of the Test Center. Academic testing is offered on a walk-in basis during scheduled hours of operation.
Please turn in exams and Test Information Forms at least two days before the first date of administration to allow for time to process exams; same day delivery is strongly discouraged. Test Information Forms and the exact number of exams per student are required. Faculty members must either type or handwrite their name and return information on every test submitted (ex: Fletcher, Jenna AC-230). In addition, do not send the tests via interoffice mail or with students, regardless of the type of test. Rosters must be in the form of a Word document, Excel spreadsheet, or official course roster from Canvas or myHCC; no photos or screenshots of rosters will be accepted.
Testing materials such as scantrons, blue books, and periodic tables must be provided by faculty. However, additional materials needed to support students during the testing period will be provided by the Test Center. These support materials include calculators, scrap paper, pens and pencils.
Due to the testing volume, testing an entire online course in one day is strongly discouraged.
If there are any issues that prevent the administration of an exam, the Test Information Form and the exam(s) will be returned to the appropriate division within 24 hours after the initial contact from the professor. See Test Information Form policies below for more information.
Test Information Form
- Always use the most current Test Information Form.
- Please always check the gray areas of your Test Information Form before submitting to the Test Center.
- Faculty must provide contact information on the Test Information Form. Provide the best number to reach you if there are any questions related to your exam; if you prefer email, please provide your email information.
- Must provide name(s) of student(s) testing on the Test Information Form. Provide a roster for online courses. Do not leave the area blank or allow any student to take your exam.
- Check the dates of administration for any weekend /Holiday dates.
- Tests submitted to the Test Center will be offered during the hours of operation. If you have specific time cut off requirements, please share with your student(s) or stop by the Test Center to pull your test off file.
- Four hours is the maximum time allowed for testing. If more time is needed, please contact the Test Center for administration suggestions.
- Your students may wait until the last minute to test. Remember we open later on Tuesdays and close early on Fridays. Please encourage students to test earlier rather than later.
- Students should contact their faculty member at the beginning of the semester to discuss accommodations needed.
Consider whether the student tests with the Test Center or with Individualized Proctoring Services (IPS)
- Test Center- extended time, use of computer, walk-in basis
- IPS- reader/writer, assistive technology, appointment only
- When completing the Test Information Form, consider the requested accommodations and the relevance to the exam submitted.
- Please contact Disability Support Services at 443-518-1300 if you have questions related to accommodation requests.
Exam Processing and Administration
- Make up exams (maximum 8 students)
- Exams for all online courses
- Exams for students needing accommodations
- Any other requests must be approved by the Director of Testing, Zakia Johnson
Email Submission for Test Information Form and Exam
- For online exams requiring password only.
- For a paper-based exam for ONE student only. Test Center staff will only print out ONE copy of paper based exams sent via email request.
- Please email a completed Test Information Form, copy of the test, and roster if applicable to email@example.com. The Test Center will not accept incomplete email submissions.
Laurel College Center (LCC)Testing
- If you have a student who wishes to test at Laurel College Center, please be advised that proctoring services are available on Thursdays only at 10AM. Students will be required to reserve an appointment slot and must contact the Main Office at LCC to do so. Like the Test Center on Main Campus, you will need to provide a completed Test Information Form and copy of test to the LCC. If you have one student or your test is an online exam through Canvas, please feel free to email this information to Nancy Grinberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Faculty wishing to pick up completed tests are welcome to request this service on the Test Information Form.
After Hours Drop Box
- Located outside of RCF-359. This is a secure way to drop off tests when the Test Center is closed.
Notification of Unauthorized Time
- If a student exceeds time allotted, Test Center Staff will inform Faculty by attaching a notice to the exam.
Academic Honesty Reports
- Faculty will be contacted if Test Center Staff observe any instances of academic dishonesty.
VIP Testing Lounge (RCF-339)
- Please visit us in the Faculty VIP Testing Lounge. A Test Center representative will be in this room to provide assistance including the following:
- Pick up and Drop off services
- Access to any Academic forms needed
- Answers to questions
- If the VIP Testing Lounge is closed, please refer to the sign on the door to determine when testing services are available.
- HCC Test Center Canvas Course
- Complete Faculty Guide
- Faculty Quick Guide
- Faculty Quick Guide - Laurel College Center
Services not offered at the Test Center:
- Scanning and emailing completed exams
- Printing multiple copies of tests via email requests
- Mailing completed exams
- Transferring PowerPoint slides to a CD or USB
- Printing out color copies of materials
- Proctoring for more than 8 students for traditional courses
- Please see your Division Representative for assistance if you require these services