Plan and Register for Classes
Self Service: Student Planning.
In Self Service: Student Planning, you will:
- Plan, schedule, and monitor your progress toward graduation
- Register for classes
- Print your class schedule
- Print your unofficial transcript
- Search for classes based on term, days of the week, time of day, and instructor
- Understand your pre and co-requisites
- Monitor your financial activity
Step by Step Registration Instructions
Register daily between 7 a.m. and 11:30 p.m.
STEP 1: LOG IN
- Go to myHCC and log in using your username and password.
- If this is your first time logging in, visit Password Services to update and access your HCC user account. Need help? Contact the Help Desk at 443-518-4444.
STEP 2: CLEAR ANY REGISTRATION BLOCKS
- Contact the appropriate office to remove any holds.
STEP 3: REVIEW YOUR PLAN & SELECT YOUR SECTIONS
- Choose “Register - Add/Drop/Withdraw” in the Plan & Register menu.
- Enter the course number (e.g. ENGL-121) in the "Search for courses” box; it is best to start with courses already on your plan.
- Choose the term you are registering for in the “Filter Results” column.
- Click “View Available Sections” for the course, located below the course description.
- Choose the section you would like to add to your schedule, and select ”Add Section to Schedule.”
- Review your grading options (choose Graded or Audit) and requisites, and select “Add Section to Schedule.”
NOTE: YOU ARE NOT REGISTERED FOR YOUR SECTIONS AT THIS POINT!
STEP 4: REVIEW YOUR SELECTIONS AND REGISTER
- Go back to “Plan & Schedule,” and navigate to the appropriate registration term. Your selected sections will appear in yellow and will be tagged as “Planned.”
- Make sure you meet the requisites for the course(s) you are adding.
- Click “Register Now.” Once registered, the courses will turn green and will be tagged as “Registered.”
STEP 5: PAY YOUR BILL
- Select “Student Finance.”
- In “Student Finance,” you can see your balance due, view your financial aid status, awards and information, and pay by credit or debit card.
- To sign up for the Tuition Payment Plan, go to the myHCC homepage and select “Sign Up/View My Payment Plan.
Note: Remember, withdrawing from a class may have financial aid, veterans and/or military benefits consequences. Students using financial aid should consult with a financial aid counselor and students using veterans/military benefits should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.